Freezing & glitching

kayedan

Freezing and glitching on my zgemma with vm, tried 4 different sub providers and it’s the same! Movies and sports are fine most of the time (thank god), but kids channels & music channels are constant! Using vm original cables, even tried two different internet providers. Does everyone have the same problem?

how old are the cables? are you using a splitter?
Thanks for the reply, the cable is just over a year old as I had vm internet installed September last year. I was using a splitter but now I’ve left vm and joined sly for internet, I’ve connected zgemma directly to vm socket

not the best idea in leaving vm and hoping for a service and wondering if they see traffic on a non paid line?

not the best idea in leaving vm and hoping for a service and wondering if they see traffic on a non paid line?
I would’ve stayed with them but their internet was terrible! It went down every other week for hrs at a time, sometimes days!

Not sure if these have any relevance, but when I go to signal finder it shows 35.5dB, SNR:88%, AGR:99% and BER:0

Also mate I gained 3%snr just by loosing cables and connectors then tightening them back up. Must of had a bit copper oxidation.

Not sure if these have any relevance, but when I go to signal finder it shows 35.5dB, SNR:88%, AGR:99% and BER:0

use the settings password from the router to log in
find the signal logs and post them here, your looking for snr and dbmv

Also mate I gained 3%snr just by loosing cables and connectors then tightening them back up. Must of had a bit copper oxidation.
So does it need to be higher? Closer to 100%? There is an attenuator connected inside the house, but I’ve tried with and without it but still have the problem

The problem I had was too many splitters and also antenuator. The one outside what VM supplied was split and then antenuator then splitter to modem and TV.
I used straight connector outside to upstairs and splitter to modem and TV. The power levels never changed at all but this fixed my freezes.

The problem I had was too many splitters and also antenuator. The one outside what VM supplied was split and then antenuator then splitter to modem and TV.
I used straight connector outside to upstairs and splitter to modem and TV. The power levels never changed at all but this fixed my freezes.
I’ll definitely try this, I find it strange that movies and sports rarely have the problem, which is fine for me, but music and kids are constantly freezing and glitchy, which is no good for the kids!

Back