Freezing On Every Channel On Virgin Only.

Smithy Munchy

TK Veteran
Peeps, is anyone noticed over the last week or so a change on there Virgin Boxes with the Picture Freezing on mostly all channels. Provider for Internet is with Talk Talk Fibre and the other is with Sky fibre. The Sky one seems to be OK now i have been told, so not sure if it will return to having issues again, will keep an eye on it.
Both Accounts are running from 2x different providers for there, so not connected to Accounts and ISP Providers, Both different.
Both are using different Virgin Boxes, so not connected to the Boxes. Maybe the build, but have not gone down that line yet.
It was just to see if any one else has seen this lately?

I have seen a change over last couple of weeks some channels work fine others glitch/freeze, tried different lines and a signal booster but still not working right
and ecm times are up and down over 3000 msecs at times not sure what is a good range is. Could anyone suggest anything that could help ?

I have seen a change over last couple of weeks some channels work fine others glitch/freeze, tried different lines and a signal booster but still not working right
and ecm times are up and down over 3000 msecs at times not sure what is a good range is. Could anyone suggest anything that could help ?

Cheers m8, Thanks for posting

I have others who are supplied via Virgin for Internet, and having no issues., Seems to be connected to providers on Internet not with Virgin...
We can wait and see if others post up with same issues or different
Who is your ISP and package m8, just to see if there is a connection with ISP's.

Ta

VM server owners are starting to onboard ALOT of new users since sly went dark.

Unfortunately many servers may start to creak unless more cards are added.

2x Different Providers and i have some others on the same providers using Virgin & 1 with SKY without any issues..
Very Strange

my server went private a long time ago to keep the server from being overloaded so reaping the benefits now lol only existing customers get lines.

This is not an issue with Server Overload.. That is not the issue, as i have other users on the same server and having no issues, but they are connected to Virgin for Internet, the others are connected via a different ISP.
It's not Server related issues as i have investigated and tested etc.
It is ISP Related possibly... Talk Talk, SKY & BT so far.

I'm on VM, brother on sky bb and brother in law on talk talk all running cable from same line provider and all running smooth as silk

Peeps, is anyone noticed over the last week or so a change on there Virgin Boxes with the Picture Freezing on mostly all channels. Provider for Internet is with Talk Talk Fibre and the other is with Sky fibre. The Sky one seems to be OK now i have been told, so not sure if it will return to having issues again, will keep an eye on it.
Both Accounts are running from 2x different providers for there, so not connected to Accounts and ISP Providers, Both different.
Both are using different Virgin Boxes, so not connected to the Boxes. Maybe the build, but have not gone down that line yet.
It was just to see if any one else has seen this lately?
I'm getting lots of freezing on my VM line too, especially the last couple of weeks. Have reported to my provider but nothing has improved. He's wants to sell his new IPTV service which seems to offer the same channels at x4 the price so not convinced he is motivated to make it get better. I'm on zgemma 2s, considering getting a mag 256 and a new provider. Is anyoneone out there ecstatic about their provider service and iptv. If so please DM me

I have vm broad band and for the last 3 weeks mines been glitching on some channels before that all was working flawlessly
I've just ordered a signal Booster to see if that solves it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have vm broad band and for the last 3 weeks mines been glitching on some channels before that all was working flawlessly

If using the black superhub and its lit up like a christmas tree its highly likely you got updates going on. Are your blue lights constantly flashing where as before they were very stable. A phone call to vm sorted mines out with a signal being sent from the cabinet to the router (noise reduction) I'm told and all is very stable again. All you have to do is tell them your router is going green and dropping out and once fully connected the lights are constantly flashing.

If using the black superhub and its lit up like a christmas tree its highly likely you got updates going on. Are your blue lights constantly flashing where as before they were very stable. A phone call to vm sorted mines out with a signal being sent from the cabinet to the router (noise reduction) I'm told and all is very stable again. All you have to do is tell them your router is going green and dropping out and once fully connected the lights are constantly flashing.

No I have the new white router
It's strange but if i download a torrent on my computer on the same network the channels clear also if I do a speed test it clears any ideas what's going on?

No I have the new white router
It's strange but if i download a torrent on my computer on the same network the channels clear also if I do a speed test it clears any ideas what's going on?

Have you tried rebooting the router on a daily basis? Oh and are you using a splitter? If freezing on every channel then it might be best taking apart and putting back the connections again, or even ordering a new labgear or tratec splitter

Back