friends zgemma h2s

Strangely

Hi to all,

thanks to any replies in advance, a friend of mine has given me a ready built zgemma h2s which he said the channels had stopped working on it, he has no backup usb, when i fired it up, i restarted the softcam and it worked for about a week and then the sound went and now it is stuck on boot. He brought it from FleaBay about six months ago, i have tried to factory reset it and got usb, udate, messages on the screen and then it went back to boot. My question is, should i bin it or is there something else i could try to get it operating. Sorry if this sounds dumb but, i am totally new to this subject but, very keen to learn. if it is a lost cause i will buy a new h2s for myself and try installing wooshbuild v5.

Regards

Strangely

Sound is a issue with them it seems that a lot of them including mine need to be past 85 to work. Very often it is worth putting to max and use the tv sound as the controlling sound unit?
As for stuck on boot do you have a usb HDD plug in it if so I have had sonnics hdd usb leads fail and cause this. I used another lead and then found I had to format and then initialise add the swap files, time shift EPG and set record to the hdd before it all worked properly again. I did have one I had to reflash woosh on but the other just needed the HDD reconfiguring

Last edited:
The chances are it's not a lost cause but now you have factory reset the box you will need to reflash it. Check the Zgemma-Star H.2S forum out for some backup images you can flash it with or you could just flash openATV or one of the others out there.

Back