Frozen box and no response from remote.

I did a box for a friend and used sucmnsee image, all has been well for a few weeks until I got a message last night aging his box had frozen and would jot do anything. When he reboots it he gets the words openvix in blue letters across the screen and epg and spinning circle but nothing else happens.
I have never seen the openvix logo like that before as I usually see the aliens head.

Any ideas? Reflash?

I do have a photo of it but can't see how to upload it on my mobile.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:01 AM ----------

My Snapshot_10.jpg

I could be wrong but I had this happen when I first start with these boxes and that is your friend has done updates which isn't good with openvix system hopefully you did a full back up and kept a image on a pen drive and simply reflash the box and don't do updates on the vix system

I thought it could of been them doing an update, but as I have never done that I was not sure what it would look like. Plus I thought updates were turned off in sucmnsee image?
Yes I have the image backed up and have their line details so hopefully a refresh will sort it.

He has automatic updates off but you can still update it manually I'm going to see if I can delete the software update option page on my box and see if it brakes the box

Hi mate when it stays on the boot screen it means that the flash has got an error and something went wrong. Just try a reflash and make sure your line server details are active as the channels doesn't clear until it's running and that will be the reason why it's staying on the boot screen

I did it on the sucmnsee image and can be done manually .....just reflash and tell them to just watch the box nothing else lol .......:nolisten:

Sucmnsee image is working fine. Make sure if your flashing it on the box you follow all his instructions or you will have issues

Thanks guys. I have no issues flashing the box and fully understand the process. The image posted is not the boot screen.

Will get it back a flash it again. Why do people have to mess with the settings!?

Ah ok mate. You have to mess with the settings with all builds as the epg isn't the same for everyone. You need to adjust it to fit your tv. Also you have to download picons and other things that are not on the build. It's just something you have to do.

No I meant why do other people have to mess with the settings when you set the box up for them. I set it up with working epg, picons etc all they have to do is watch it.
I guess people just can't resist looking g through menus and pressing update when they see it. Well he won't be doing that again in a hurry!

Ah I see what you mean. Yeah I know what you mean if you have all settings already set up correctly why do people have to change it. People just love updating the boxes all the time. Me personally I just left it the way it was at the start

Back