FTA and $ channels

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

I set up a box for a mate a while back, just bumped into him tonight,he says when
he switches from FTA channels back to a $ channels his line isn't clearing.

Can't remember what firmware I loaded but it is one with the 7 day EPG.

You tube works and EPG updates work, so doesn't seem like it's dropping the internet signal, when he flicks the rocker switch
off and on again at the back of the box his line kicks back in.

Should get the box tomorrow to have a mess with, guessing it's a firmware issue, it's the same on his dads box too.

Anyone else had this problem ?

yes bees plenty of us have this problem which has been mentioned on here before since I bought the box over a year ago

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 PM ----------

If you find a sollution let us know, but I know you will anyway good luck

I have had this problem but managed to sort it out back in November by using Newcamd line. When I use CCCam line this problem occurs. Firmware im on is Jan 25

im currently using sept version but happened on all previous versions and I've been using Newcamd since the beginning made no difference

im currently using sept version but happened on all previous versions and I've been using Newcamd since the beginning made no difference

Then im not sure im glad its working for me after the trouble i have had with Skybox f3 before I bought Blade 5000

Thanks for the replys

The lines are N lines in both boxes and I have quite a few mates with different
boxes who use the same server so I wouldn't have thought it was that.

Seems like a firmware issue, will have a play about with it later but sounds like
I might be out of luck.

Let us know your findings please Bees! I've had it too on the Sept(July?) patched firmware on here or it could be my line?!

Well, I think I have tried everything I can think of
and it still won't keep the connection to the server :boo:

Looks like it's time to wait for a new firmware release for this one.

Last edited:
Wasn't there an issue with some of the later boxes that meant you had to flash them with official firmware before flashing with the modded one? may be worth a try. My box never had any connection issues with the latest modded firmware and was one of the older generation boxes

Yeah might give it one last go, but my mate recons his and his dad's box didn't
used to have the issue, it has developed.

So I'm comparing it in my head to the time
all the "web tv" apps stopped working, they where originally fine, then they brought out a firmware update.

Yeah, what i'm getting at is that originally they worked early days without any issue, then a problem "developed"

Then they worked again, but I haven't had this box for ages so if they have gone again it's a similar sort of thing.

Nobody with a box originally had an issue with this problem, I know I didn't when I had mine, and nor did padder by the look of his last post.

So no idea when this started or why !!

Just as a last ditch effort, I flashed original firmware then 9991 patched version with the same date, didn't make any difference,
looks like it's up to blade to sort it out at their end, new firmware release maybe ??

Last edited:
Back