FTA Firmware (after being hit with nagra3/IPTV)

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
I was just thinking yesterday would it be possible to flash your Eurovox/Starview/Kryptview e.t.c back to FTA Firmware after being hit with either NagraVision3 or IPTV encryption. Here are some UK freeview channels:

tvcatchupnevermissashow.png

Channels will vary according to location

The freeview channels above are pretty reasonable and should keep quite a few of us occupied. Would these freeview channels be available on cable, and can some (if not all) of these channels be accessed through the FTA Firmware on your Eurovox/Starview/Kryptview e.t.c box?

hi,,,

please bear in mind the freeview recieved via an aerial is not the same as the freeview on vm...

vm is a subscription based service who will only supply freeview which they are legally obliged to do...

so freeview on vm will mean bbc1...bbc2...itv 1....channel4...five and a couple of others thats it.....

to see what exactly the freeview on vm are,,, turn the cam/emm off on your box and have a look :)

regards.... merry xmas to all...

bumble

ordinary latest irmware will still give you the same as fta firmware,on starviews if you switch emu off the free stuff you will be able to view and dont forget the radio channels they work.

Cheers, just checked, and wow its really limited on VM, might have to do some fiddling with bringing the main ariel into the room. (y)

funny little thing alright but it is for uk only and not irl where i live lol,dam digital change overROFL

Strange how they cant give the same freeview channels as your ariel gives you, afterall it is suposed to be FREE view

Strange how they cant give the same freeview channels as your ariel gives you, afterall it is suposed to be FREE view

Unfortunatley they are under no obligation to give us and dig channels free; the fact we can still get 1 to 5 analouge is proly the reason that there not encrypted.

If we look at the NIT tables or the chanels in the stream that is not encrypted we can see where things are in N3 areas and you get 1 to 5 !

Spark

just to note in irl bbc1 and bbc2 and itv gone,left with rte1,net2,tv3,tg4 and maybe setanta,so who knows if you will have any when it finishes.

just to note in irl bbc1 and bbc2 and itv gone,left with rte1,net2,tv3,tg4 and maybe setanta,so who knows if you will have any when it finishes.

It would be illegal if they removed anymore channels, as you pay, or supposed to pay a tv licence for them!
Just like when it fully rolls out in the UK only 1-5 will stay!

I was just thinking yesterday would it be possible to flash your Eurovox/Starview/Kryptview e.t.c back to FTA Firmware after being hit with either NagraVision3 or IPTV encryption. Here are some UK freeview channels:

tvcatchupnevermissashow.png

Channels will vary according to location

The freeview channels above are pretty reasonable and should keep quite a few of us occupied. Would these freeview channels be available on cable, and can some (if not all) of these channels be accessed through the FTA Firmware on your Eurovox/Starview/Kryptview e.t.c box?

Watch this on a ps3 or wii, i've been doing it for a while on my 42"

i know on the kryptview there are 2 setting 1 for Nag and 1 for fta- if you witch to fta it will show you what is available on other boxes i assume you just turn the emu off to show just ftas but never tried it with either box. never did by a freeview box only one i had many years ago was on digital lol and thats going back some :)
maybe i should compare my vm box to the ftas on other boxes and see what the difference is.

starview 6 coming soon fingers cross it works.:cheesy grin:

If thats the starview with the lan port so it can use the lan port for card sharing then that is extremely risky! At the moment it will be nothing but a workaround to Nagra 3. You might even have to pay for a server to recieve the channels. If its a server that is involved then downtime is more than likely to occur.

Last edited:
Back