FTA only on a zgemma H.s

halloween

Hi everyone.

I was installing a Zgemma H.s for a friend earlier today. but could only get the FTA channels to play, showing full signal, everything else came up 'Tune Failed' with no signal at all showing. My satellite meter wouldn't pick up a signal on any channel. I was told that the son had kicked a ball which had hit the dish but i've never come across this before.

Is it possible to damage / misalign a dish so that only FTA channels can be received?

Cheers

I would at a guess say the dish is off and you are stil getting some channels because that freq range has not been affected enough also could be lnb slightly out you really need to get up there and check it out.

Did just that. Existing dish was rusty with a wobbly lnb arm. New dish sorted everything.

Just never seen FTA coming through with a full signal and everything else 'tune failed'. You learn something new every day.

Did just that. Existing dish was rusty with a wobbly lnb arm. New dish sorted everything.

Just never seen FTA coming through with a full signal and everything else 'tune failed'. You learn something new every day.

Having rust on a dish is standard really and will have no impact on it so that would not be the problem.

It depends on the fta channels you was checking a lot of them like bbc have strong signal also some boxes tuners are fussy

Back