FTP Help.

Morning All,

After a bit of help, flashed my box with New Vix Hades zgemmastar 2s sucmnsee backup , followed all instructions, all worked fine. Got myself a 48hr test line so downloaded filezilla and tried to connect to box. Lead plugged between box and Pc, Filezilla started, host box, IP address i found from Network Adapter, Username root, but it just comes up cannot connect to server? Am i missing something along the way? I see under setting FTP, is says connected in green. I have a good read on here but everything i have read doesn't seem to help. Thank you in advance.

Box should be connected to your router. Pc connects to box via the router so no network cable between PC and box!. Doing it the way you are should work as long as you have a crossover cable but must admit I've never tried....

Box should be connected to your router. Pc connects to box via the router so no network cable between PC and box!. Doing it the way you are should work as long as you have a crossover cable but must admit I've never tried....
Thanks for your reply. I reflashed the box and started again, bingo straight in this time. I am trying a test line at the moment and all is working fine. Good learning curve!!

Hi, sorry to interrupt but where do you get a test line from? I just got given a box by a friend to set up and I've read some tutorials and it all seems straight forward but I don't understand what to edit in the config files (mgcamd1.38, mg_cfg, and newcamd.list) which is something to do with the test line you speak about? .
(following http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...cmnsee-backup-will-work-fine-h1-h2-s-too.html)

On the site there is a section which you can ask for someone to PM you a good pay server. When you get a reccomendation, some offer a 24/48 hr test line. The test line is usualy downloaded and FTP accross to your box. On the config bit, there are loads of people in this section who go through the whole process. I am new to this and you need to go through the posts already written to understand. There are some really good posts that go through it in layman terms. That's all i did and you will get there! Good luck

Last edited:
You can't just find a test line! Either you've got to have your own server or you've got to find someone that does and is willing to charge a reasonable price for a stable connection.

Back