FTP to zgemma

tried 21 and 22.. no good.. it connects but I get '530 login incorrect' like it doesn't like the username or password.. is there any way to change my newcamd.list file without ftp connection to the box? All I need to do is change this file with a new hostname..

Is my only other option to flash the drive?

Connecting to laptop would only enable openwebif i think
youre entering the port as 21 right?

---------- Post Merged at 09:58 PM ----------

View attachment 19987

Tried that. its as if the password has been changed. Should a usb lead work from a laptop?

---------- Post Merged at 10:25 PM ----------

I'm not 100% but i believe there was a plugin to view all the files on the box. if you have a quick search you might be able to find it. Alternatively i could have a crack with teamviewer?
tried 21 and 22.. no good.. it connects but I get '530 login incorrect' like it doesn't like the username or password.. is there any way to change my newcamd.list file without ftp connection to the box? All I need to do is change this file with a new hostname..

Is my only other option to flash the drive?

I will try and find the plugin. I don't have one on the box already so would have to install it if I find one.

More than happy to let you try via teamviewer. Tomorrow night now though if you are about 8pm ish?

Thanks. I do have an FTPviewer plugin on the box that lets me see the file but I can't edit it. Only delete or rename. Shame!

You're certain you have the address for the box and not your routers address? that's the only thing i can think of that can be the problem

Definitely the zgemma IP address. I work in networking so I'm quite comfortable with telnet and ftp etc just quite new to these sat boxes

You're certain you have the address for the box and not your routers address? that's the only thing i can think of that can be the problem

Yeah definitely as I can connect to it on "Open Webif".

I think there are a few of us in the same boat here.

Have you tried using your phone i use es file explorer on android to ftp to my h.2s and never have a problem. If your on ios there is an app for that aswell but cant remember the name

Yes I agree he should tell people the password for it, he did state that for £15 he could update it for you :grin:
But then again how many people would rather do that than learn how to themselves?
I always tell people if they buy anything like this they should at least learn some how to basics, I'm not a fan of those who just moan when it goes wrong and refuse to learn what the problem is

Sounds like the same supplier my dad and uncle use. I couldn't work out why FileZilla wouldn't work so I reflashed the box which reset the password to Root. Unfortunately I didn't let my uncle know in time - he sent all 4 of his boxes back! £60 to sort out HIS server issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is from another forum. It might help people in the future.

Download Dream-Explorer from plugin feeds most images should have it in there feeds

This will allow you to browse to etc folder and as long as you have 2 file types passwd & passwd-

scroll down to passwd and Delete it

next Rename passwd- to passwd and save

Re start your box & you should be good to go as i have recovered many boxes with unknown root passwords with this procedure

Back