ftp zgemma

biff2005

TK Veteran
ok here goe's im a newbie to these boxes so be patient with me....

im trying to connect my box using file zilla and tried other ftp software but none of them connect to my box

i see my ip on the zgemma box which i enter into filezilla and root as login name, password is left blank.

but it wont connect. ???

Ignore the above unless you have changed your password, password can be anything you want in ftp. Blank. Root. Stupidthing etc

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 PM ----------

If you are using a wifi repeater or hotspot homeplug, both your zgemma and computer need to be on the exact same network, not the alias network

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ----------

You get your zgemmas ip by menu.. Information.. Network

Ignore the above unless you have changed your password, password can be anything you want in ftp. Blank. Root. Stupidthing etc

---------- Post Merged at 01:39 PM ----------

If you are using a wifi repeater or hotspot homeplug, both your zgemma and computer need to be on the exact same network, not the alias network

---------- Post Merged at 01:40 PM ----------

You get your zgemmas ip by menu.. Information.. Network

i bought this box from a friend but i tried ftp filezilla and it says wrong password, but asked my m8 and he dont know the password for it ?

filezilla
i put in my ip adress, root for user name, tried it blank and root for password.
wrong password

how do i find password ?

The standard is blank
you got the right IP, as in the info area there a few numbers the same size
and username is blank

have you tried on you iPhone or tablet. Just get a ftp or enigma2 app and test it out there

Morning biff

For a possible quick solution try this:

If you are using windows Vista, 7 or 10, have a look in your computer network for a device called zgemmah2s. If you can see that, double click it to open it. You will see root and harddisk.

If you can see that you can do everything you need to without FTP.

If you have a Mac, sorry no idea on the network side.

for info: depending on your network setup you can connect to zgemma2s2, zgemmah2s and zgemmah2h via your network. These are the ones I know the network names for.

just tried a few ftp apps on android same results :(
Can you not just flash the box with a pre-built image or make your own build from scratch? It may cut out a massive headache?

Kiddac's guide link is in my signature
WooshBuild link is there too (other builds are available)

zgemma is conected to router through lan cable

i connect to my laptop wireless for internet

tried filezilla
cuteftp
flashfx

none connect???

---------- Post Merged at 08:38 AM ----------

just tried a few ftp apps on android same results :(
Can you not just flash the box with a pre-built image or make your own build from scratch? It may cut out a massive headache?

Kiddac's guide link is in my signature
WooshBuild link is there too (other builds are available)

thats my last option to flash a new image and start again

Does it not connect because of the password, or does it not connect because it cannot see it on the network from your laptop?

Your first few posts were about the password being wrong - so is it a connection issue from laptop to box and not a password issue?

If it is a connection issue, the last easy thing to try is plug your laptop into the router and try it cables both ends. Past posts have seen this issue and by using a cable to the lappy resolves it.

ok will give it a go later on i got work to do :( i already downloaded your software for the box for later on :grin: if everything else fails

If you brought it setup from a server they may have put a password on it to stop people changing the line details. Reflashing would be your best option but you need your line details first download dreamexplorer from plugins then in the Plugin navigate to usr/keys and open newcamd.list and write down the line details or CCcam.cfg that's if your using openatv if vix newcamd.list in usr/keys cccam.cfg in etc.

ive installed wooshman v3 file on my box seems ok the problem i had before was my laptop its old , tried other lappy and it found it in filezilla :)

thx all for input

Back