German Sky TV- alternative to sky uk?

kopkidda

I know it is possible to move a fixed Astra 28.2E dish to 19.2E and pick up all the german sky channels.

Would this be a short term solution to "black out" of sky uk?

Knowing that sky germany will prob follow suit. How would one go about getting a german sub etc?

I am not an expert but most subs include sky de so no extra expense!
Good news astra 19e is a strong signal so easy to find

I don't know about a S*y UK line getting you S*y Germany channels - never heard of that before. A Euro line will get you access to some of the content on 19.2e for sure.

I spend most of my time in Spain but all the pay lines here are for many packages right from say 39e to 30w at least

Interesting just added 39e to my diseq switch and I get the same problem as you . I can clear many other sats 28e, 19e 13e fine but not. 39e does do the FTA but that's all. So the set up seems ok but why this problem?

Same problem as who? 39e hasn't been mentioned... it all depends on if your line provider covers this sat if they clear or not.

Thanks for the info

So very confusing 39e clears on TM5402 but not on zgemma! Clines on zgemma work for other sats

I might have a slight insight on this if it helps. Hope it's of use to someone and can answer any questions I can to help.

I've just last week installed a motor on my existing dish with a technomate 5402 box, replacing the v8s I had before. This was solely pointing at Astra 19.2e for German and French channels.

Now with the 5402 and motor, I get a good sweep of satellites ranging from 30.0w - 42.0e.

I have a euroline on the technomate and a lot of Euro channels clear and give me what I want. (After a lot of faffing with adding the cline, it's not straightforward).

Some do not however, with after a few days of getting used to it all I find strange. Before with the v8s I had the same line in place and the French channels cleared no problem on 19.2e. Upon installing new system- they don't work on 19.2 at all,even with the line. luckily 5.0w have French channels and these clear so I now use this satellite instead for French.
German channels on 19.2 have never been a problem- Germany is pretty open with their systems and as I understand it not that fussed with clamping down on encryption. even better with a line but even with FTA there's a lot to choose from.

The French however are very fussy indeed....

Most of the satellites I get are random, some are great. Some have little transmissions on, some have loads... the main few for me so far are 5.0w for french, 19.2 for German, 13.0e for Italian. All of these have sports (if line clears). I watched the Joshua fight for example on 19.2e RTL German.

As for 39.0e - for me I don't get much, a few random channels but nothing of interest to me, dunno what the fuss is about there unless I'm missing something, don't get much on a blind scan at all.

Not totally sure why some channels clear and some don't- think it's to do with encryption types which I'm still learning about. Not a brainiac on that one.

All in all, if there is a sports
Ppv event on (such as boxing for example) you can be 95% sure I can find it somewhere in Europe satellites for either FTA or with a Euro sub.

It's worth gettting.

Ps- adult channels on 13.0e mainly and work. Apparently, yes ahem apparently.....:)

Last edited:
Oh yeah and a lot of channels in different languages can be changed to have English (if the original
Programme was recorded in English)

Many films change straight to English when required, same with Eurosport's 1and 2 if needed.

Interesting just added 39e to my diseq switch and I get the same problem as you . I can clear many other sats 28e, 19e 13e fine but not. 39e does do the FTA but that's all. So the set up seems ok but why this problem?

Bulsat on 39E like Nova and Diema Sports open up with Irdeto 2 keys

yes precisely, very easy on a TM5402, I tried loading a new key file to my Zgemma but it just screwed the cam and I lost all pay channels. So had to use the backup to recover the system

Back