getting a second tv linked to the zgemma?

ajt2412

I have a built a man cave down the end of my garden which i plan to put a tv in, its about 30meters from my house, what would be the best way to connect to my zgemma h2s? would those av senders be any good or is it to far, i do have a wireless signal down to the shed (which seemed better than in my house). could I use the loop output on the box and run a cable down to the shed. I dont really want to get another box and line. Im not to fussed about changing channel as it will mainly be for the football. Anyone know what the best option is or have done the same.
thanks in advance.

Also no reason why you would need another line could use the same one if you had another box

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I have a built a man cave down the end of my garden which i plan to put a tv in, its about 30meters from my house, what would be the best way to connect to my zgemma h2s? would those av senders be any good or is it to far, i do have a wireless signal down to the shed (which seemed better than in my house). could I use the loop output on the box and run a cable down to the shed. I dont really want to get another box and line. Im not to fussed about changing channel as it will mainly be for the football. Anyone know what the best option is or have done the same.
thanks in advance.

you will need to run a another cable from your satellite dish. i don't know what the loop out is like Ive never tried it. you can get a hdmi spliter and you can attach two cat 5 e Ethernet cables. so you can cut to the right size. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...cat5+e+spliter&rh=i:aps,k:hdmi+cat5+e+spliter . worth a look.

with just a tv in the man cave senders sounds easiest providing the range isnt too far

Last edited:
sorry you want to bring your box out side. if you use the hdmi with the spliter you would have to set up inthe house and you can set it up that you use the tv remote to change the channels. just a thought sorry if i was no help.

thanks for the info, I want to keep the box inside and connect the tv in the man cave to the box if theres a way to do this without another box and running ethernet cable, if at all possible.

right bud try openwebif buy a andriod box use the playlist loader input you box ip into browser download m3u file in the all channels tab in openwebif put your m3u file into settings on playlist loader and bingo

Assuming you've got power in the mancave which goes back to the main fuseboard for the house, use powerline plugs so that the man cave is then hooked up to the router which your H2S is running from. Then, buy a firebox tv and get kodi on it. With Kodi installed, install the VU+ PVR addon and set it up so that it points to your H2S box IP address.

Once done, you'll be able to watch 1 channel on the main TV, and stream a different channel to the man cave quite easily.

If you want to test kodi out before investing in powerlines & a firebox, install it on your laptop/pc and play about with it :-)

edit: just re-read your post and you've got Wi-Fi. Assuming this goes back to the router that your H2S is running from then a firestick with kodi will do the job - firesticks run off wifi.

Last edited:
Assuming your Wi-Fi is up to the job here's another vote for a firestick. The setup with VU+ runs brilliantly on my fire TV and you won't have to run a load of wires anywhere. And you can get a firestick off Amazon for about £30.

Be careful if you decide on using a HDMI switch like I tried without thinking lol
My zgemma is set at 1080i I bought a switch and connected to a long HDMI cable for my bedroom TV but then realised my bedroom TV only goes up to 720 so it wouldn't show the picture lol.
Unless I changed the resolution on my zgemma :(

If your wanting a cabled connection that's more reliable your options are the switch and a long HDMI
HDMI over cat6 Ethernet adapters - that transfer it through Ethernet cable.
Long composite cables - but you will lose picture quality.
But the kodi method also works but if like me you may struggle with lagging

Back