getting rid of amiko alien 2 for openbox v8?

k13

Im thinking of selling the amiko alien 2 and buying openbox v8 as the alien 2 is complicated.

What do you guys think?

Will the openbox v8 be easy to upload clines?

The Openbox V8S is a very simple box, very easy to set up for someone who doesn't know all the complex settings etc. I started with a V8S and had it up and running within 30mins plus all the great help from this forum.

Are u kidding me its a doddle to setup just flash a backup image and log in to oscam and enter ur server details. Why would u go back to a crappy box when u ave a good one

So your saying the alien.2 box is worth keeping than the v8s?

Is there anyway of uploading ccam.cfg file to the alien 2 box via usb like in v8s?

Thanks

No u dont need to google freshpots hyperion v4.5 and flash that image to ur box its enigma 2 then you just log in to oscam u can do it throigh ur phone u type ur boxs ip in to ur browser followed by:8888 and enter ur server details in there

Whats a fleshpot image ??

I bought it brand new 2 weeks and gave it to my local cable shop guy andd he loaded spark and with server.

Hi, to access it through a browser you have to get the IP address of the box, E.G. 192.168.0.50, that's in menu information, network.
OSCAM has to be running to access it, make sure its running in softcam manager and then type 192.168.0.??:8888 into the address bar on your browser and leave it connect, I don't use 8888 as a port I use 9000, this info will be in your OSCAM.CONFIG file that you can access through filezilla.
If that is too much, sell and buy a zgemmas2 and put sucmnsee's back up on it, set up your region, swap.....in fact he will help you no end set it up

P.S. where are you k13 in case someone is local and can help.

I hope ur cable guy dint charge alot because it already comes preloaded with spark and enigma

Good point but mine came with PLI and I wanted VIX style so had to flash vix4sh4 to the box so could depend what it comes or is offered with installed.

Back