Getting rid of my H2s......what should I buy on a budget

dt99

TK Veteran
I'm getting rid of my H2s and I want to purchase a replacement box, but it must be a twin tuner for watching/recording what is left of CS, plus FTA, plus it must run IPTV.....MAG boxes are no good as I want to run CS and things like VU boxes are too expensive.

I'm looking around £100 max. Anything decent around which can give me what I need on a budget.

I just think the H2s is lacking processing power. I'm getting picture break up on all channels, including FTA and I have exhausted every option I can think of to fix it, Sly dish, HDMI, different TV, new USB, re-flashing etc .......the last option is the box.

Cable is not an option for me either.

The new formular F1 boxes look awesome can be had or £89 from world of satellite going to get one myself as upgrade from h2s

The new formular F1 boxes look awesome can be had or £89 from world of satellite going to get one myself as upgrade from h2s

Funny you should say that, I was just looking at that on their website. Does anyone have one of these?

I've just got one,
got it set up today, [with an added cable tuner ]
but its a flier on sat compared to my edision OSmini, which I got in preference to the zgemma originally, and I thought the OSmini was a good box.
I'd recommend it to anyone,
its on offer atm for £79 for twin tuner sat, or add DVB-T/C tuner for an extra tenner, if you can use it

^^^^^^^^^^
ye,
actually, if you're just using it for sat then its fine, no other box is going to be mind blowingly better
certainly not, imho, worth spending a load of money on for no real good reason

Spend 50 might be slow, spend 100 it will be grand, spend 300 it will be fast
But still picks up the same channels and after a week you won't see the speed

I have ordered a formuler 1 box for £79 from wos. I'm using it for sat and iptv.

I think my h2s is packing up. I'm getting picture breakup on all channels, including fta. I think the HDMI port may be faulty. I have checked the sat dish, tried another tv, reflashed, new HDMI cable......the last thing it can be is the box.

It can't be my n line or my IPTV as the fta channels play up as well and I just think the h2s is lacking processing power as well.

Sat watching itv now on fta and the picture keeps freezing and pixels....it has to be the box doesn't it????

I will soon see, I will have my new one in a couple of days.

the satellite cable from the dish could be damaged outside, or inside for that matter

I thought that but I get the exact same thing on my iptv though. Too co incidental to be the iptv line. I'll soon see with the new box anyway.

Have you tried a different lan cable from box to router?

Bloody hell I never thought of that..ha ha........i have been swapping HDMI cables, tv's, flashing the box again, changing the usb. Never even thought of the Ian cable. I will give that a go.

When the fta started playing up I just thought its either the box or the tv. Would the lan cable affect the fta though?

I should imagine so, I assumed everything supplied by your provider needs unscrambling, apart from 1 - 5 sd
if by FTA you mean any other channel then it needs internet

Bloody hell I never thought of that..ha ha........i have been swapping HDMI cables, tv's, flashing the box again, changing the usb. Never even thought of the Ian cable. I will give that a go.

When the fta started playing up I just thought its either the box or the tv. Would the lan cable affect the fta though?

it shouldnt,
but, cheapest/easiest solution first

Sorry, fta I meant standard itv sd. That's what I'm watching and I randomly get picture breakup. If i change to a sly channel or iptv I randomly get the same thing also.

I will try an av lead also.

LNB on the way out maybe.?
but, as you say IPTV is the same, its hard to tell, iptv is so unreliable anyway

Back