GigaBlue Dcolor GD1 Giga TV Mediaplayer Stick 4K PRO Review

That can't be right, I'm on a Samsung phone and can install it from Google play store
View attachment 100358
Yeah you can install the mobile version on android mobile os but not on devices running Android tv os.
You can install it on a smart TV though.
I seen a post in Reddit that it’s strangely not available on smart TVs in Ireland.
Also available for Apple TV

Last edited:
It's certinaly very strange but most of us have catchup on iptv or smart tvs so not really a issue I suppose.

I thought you were after a certified device to run official streaming apps.
As far as i’m aware the device is google certified but not entirely sure what uk tv catch-up apps will and will not work on it’ just need a bit of clarification from you chaps who have tested em out 👍🏻

As far as i’m aware the device is google certified but not entirely sure what uk tv catch-up apps will and will not work on it’ just need a bit of clarification from you chaps who have tested em out 👍🏻
I didn’t realise it was Google certified. All catch up apps should work except for Channel 4.
You might be able to side load it but I am not sure as I don’t use ATV os.

Hope there’s no malware knocking around in them 😆 that’s the only reason i don’t normally buy no name unbranded items once bitten twice shy
Yeah malware and lack of updates are my thoughts with boxes like these.

Is there like a stock Google tv os you can flash on these kinda things?

I have never bought a certified device and have never had a malware issue on any device I have owned. They are branded though.

Not sure if any other OS could be flashed on these maybe time will tell with it being amlogic chipset. I’d be very surprised if there is any ota factory firmware updates.

I think alot is scaremongering and false positives from anti virus scans

China are no dummies. Been numerous times and imported stuff for over 10 years

I guess like all things depends who ur buying from
like anything else I bought a GTmedia finder few years back direct from GTmedia but some were coming on to GTmedia forum saying they could not update their devices , some even bought from amazon and alliexpress they were clones so like anything else it may be a chance you take but I honestly would expect some comeback from gigablue if any problems since they have put there name on the device.

like anything else I bought a GTmedia finder few years back direct from GTmedia but some were coming on to GTmedia forum saying they could not update their devices , some even bought from amazon and alliexpress they were clones so like anything else it may be a chance you take but I honestly would expect some comeback from gigablue if any problems since they have put there name on the device.

That isn't necessarily true about the gigablue bit

If the minimum order quantity is high enough China will brand it how you like
Heck you can even send your app if paying enough and they will pre install

Back