Gigablue quad freezing

When you say you've flashed it three times, have you flashed the same image each time?
I'd be tempted to follow @Abu Baniaz advice and put atv6.4 on there to see if it's the same, it's probably the image or the skin.
I know you don't like atv but it's only being used as a recording box
Just checked hdd vix images and 3 different versions and ATV only goes to 6.3 in image manager so unsure if i use that first to give me 6.3 and update from that to 6.4

Or go direct to 6.4 with usb ?

It also moves my motorized dish and sends client info to my zero in the kitchen with no cable feeds.

Must go look again as all 4 tuners in use.

None of the images include an option to enable crash logs. You don't really have a choice. A few have options to try and manage the crash so box continues to function.

Good luck.

Edit:
Your current image won't have the json changes in Image Manager, that is why you don't see ATV 6.4. Transfer zip file, flash by USB, or flash using Grofs script.

Just checked hdd vix images and 3 different versions and ATV only goes to 6.3 in image manager so unsure if i use that first to give me 6.3 and update from that to 6.4

Or go direct to 6.4 with usb ?

It also moves my motorized dish and sends client info to my zero in the kitchen with no cable feeds.

Must go look again as all 4 tuners in use.
Update to 6.3 then to 6.4, it's only five minutes per flash.

I thought previously on vix when no crash logs were seen i checked and not set them up as i forgot.

Doing 6.3 image now and then to 6.4 cheers all handy from armchair and laptop

Vu Zero 4k should not crash when configured correctly and wondering if its a skin issue.

Gigablue is not 4k
It was running out of memory, I saw oomkiller kick in and kill the enigma2 process. This was on OpenATV, I've switched back to Vix though.

I hate ATV 🤮 🤮 :X3: :X3: and went back to last image on Vix and might do what Abu suggested running a dail script.

When on ATV i had no settings to restore and no found backups , i did when back on Vix.

You can't use a settings backup from Vix on ATV. Also, when you have issues, you are meant to set up your box from scratch. I. E not use a settings backup. Just in case there was an issue with something that changed.

Try adding the swap file that others suggested too. It will only get used if required. There is no harm with having it.

Okay swapfile setup on box again as it was that long ago i forgot. 🤢

You could also create a crond script to reboot the box every day at a set time.

I have never setup a script for openvix and might guidance on this please.

Okay swapfile setup on box again as it was that long ago i forgot. 🤢

Plug it into a timer socket.
On for 23h and 58 minutes and off for two

You can just use a power timer to reboot the box at a certain time each day.

I've also got a script if you need one.

You can just use a power timer to reboot the box at a certain time each day.

I've also got a script if you need one.
Might take you up on that offer M8 as not needed that before either and assumes it just powers on box and then after a set time back into standby.

I think i lost the plot again as forgot where to look Timers OMG might have a closer look at them tomorrow to see if any difference in what they do.Cheers.

Ahh my lost thread so will update as forgot about it here.

i did add swapfile for external hdd not worked and advised better on a usb stick now to see where i left it.

Forgot about the Power timer now added and what is the usual setting to run it for as not used it before.

Ahh my lost thread so will update as forgot about it here.

i did add swapfile for external hdd not worked and advised better on a usb stick now to see where i left it.

Forgot about the Power timer now added and what is the usual setting to run it for as not used it before.
well as far as gigablue quad uhd 4k swap file is enabled by default in fstab going by gigablue forums and I personally am confused by that because if you go to enable it manually no swap file is there.

/dev/mmcblk0p10 none swap defaults 0 0

as for swap file on external hdd I would say no needs to be usb or hard drive permanently mounted .

well as far as gigablue quad uhd 4k swap file is enabled by default in fstab going by gigablue forums and I personally am confused by that because if you go to enable it manually no swap file is there.

/dev/mmcblk0p10 none swap defaults 0 0

as for swap file on external hdd I would say no needs to be usb or hard drive permanently mounted .
External hdd is permanently mounted and @ Ferret suggested usb stick earlier and is the early Gigablue quad model.

Back