Glitching in 1080p playback

bennyxf1

Hi guys,

I have an external hard drive connected to blade, but it appears that this struggles to playback media recorded in 1080p. Once i put av settings to 1080i on blade box all appears to be ok. External hard drive is Western Digital Passport USB 2/3. Should this be happening (blade box says device is good performance)??

Sorry to ask a daft question but are you sure it is your
hard drive and not the c line you are using ?

Are the HD channels glitch free when you normally
watch them ?

It is just that I get the odd glitch now and again
(nothing really major) on normal viewing
and if I record it is no worse

Thanks for response Bees,

Yes it seems to be hard drive.......normal live viewing in 1080p is fine, problems seem to occur in playback. It's simply unwatchable (big glitching every few seconds) I don't understand it??

Before recording press vformat on the remote and try and record in a lower screen resolution to see if that cures it?.

There is also a usb test somewhere in the blade menu to see if your device is capable of making good recordings.

I have read that if you switch over to a SD channel before watching your 1080p recording then it works fine, apprently the blade is still playing the underlying channel whilst you are watching a recording. Give it a try with one of your previously glitching programs to see it it works.

Sully

Back