going wireless with my mut@nt 51HD

hard wired is better.

yeah i know but my brothers being a pain in the arse we moved the virmin hub near the mutant so i had a wired connection but that meant us going wireless on are laptops we are OLD plus we are heavy torrent userslol download speeds on 100MB at 5ghz are shocking over wireless virmins hub is shite. when its closer we would get 10-11MB download speeds.

was looking at this
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerline-...qid=1487843442&sr=8-1&keywords=homeplugs&th=1

Last edited:
Get someone in to put some networking points around the house. It's the best bit of money you will ever spend.
Then use all devices hard wire, the speed difference is unbelievable ;-)

Get someone in to put some networking points around the house. It's the best bit of money you will ever spend.
Then use all devices hard wire, the speed difference is unbelievable ;-)

mate dont tempt me please im skint as it is. Ordered it lets see how it goes :(

I did my whole house, I'm finding I should of put more than one point in each room as we use lots of devices accessing the internet. I don't use anything on wireless except for a couple of phones.

I ran network cables in too, best thing for it but wish I'd used cat6 now Instead of cat5e

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

It's their an issue with using these if the two plugs are on different ring mains?

I don't have problems with mine. Even have one in an extension in one room which apparently doesn't work, yet here I am...

It's their an issue with using these if the two plugs are on different ring mains?

Separate ring main would mean a separate circuit wouldn't it?
I cant see how that could possibly work if there is no connection between the two ring mains.

Im no electrician tho, so I may stand corrected on this one

Last edited:
Back