Gotta Love Motorised

There's no useful plastic parts on this one i've got - just inspected it carefully, it's just fancy bits of plastic - if all these snapped off, it would work the same.

Who's bothered about warranty on a less than £10 tool :grin:

does my username say nothing to you?

bloody hell bud, I made a cable stripper out of an old mangle and a broken tumble dryer,
my missus reckons I'm his long lost love child, :cool:

I'm too young for Steptoe and son :grin:
I think it was the first christmas we were together she bought me the box set, lol
although I have been told many times I'm like him,
I HATE throwing stuff away, its got to the stage I cant even get in my lock-up for shit.
really need a massive clearout, but I hate tipping stuff, would rather give it to someone that can make use of it for themselves

So swapped my 80cm dish for the triax 1.1m and still have the same problem I had with the 80cm, can get good signal on 0.8w 80% on sly news, but get nothing on 13, 16, 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2 unless I drop the dish elevation from 30 to about 27, then I get great signal on them but lose 0.8w.

So swapped my 80cm dish for the triax 1.1m and still have the same problem I had with the 80cm, can get good signal on 0.8w 80% on sly news, but get nothing on 13, 16, 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2 unless I drop the dish elevation from 30 to about 27, then I get great signal on them but lose 0.8w.
is this motorised?
then I'd think there is an elevation setting wrong somewhere,
or,
your mount is not dead plum

You've got to have something wrong there then pal. Have you adjusted your motor at all since swapping dishes? Sounds like you're not tracking the arc properly.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Time to get your spirit level out :grin:

I used an app on my smartphone and got mine to about 0.01 :grin:

Latitude setting on motor is right, elevation on the dish was set to motor manual setting and adjusted to peak signal, wall bracket was checked with level before attaching dish and motor and was o.k. using an L bracket so maybe dish and motor are pulling on it, might get a set of t and k brackets.

Latitude setting on motor is right, elevation on the dish was set to motor manual setting and adjusted to peak signal, wall bracket was checked with level before attaching dish and motor and was o.k. using an L bracket so maybe dish and motor are pulling on it, might get a set of t and k brackets.
OK,
I dont have my set-up motorised yet,
but, reading on here, where have you got your settings from?
it appears you need to use the settings from the motor, not the internet

Settings as per motor instructions, and latitude and longitude positions from google for usals settings on stb.
someone better than me will be along,
but, I'm fairly certain you need to use the motor settings for lat and long

Back