Guide To Putting The Firmware On The Blade Media 7000s.

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
Firmware Upgrade.

This follows the above guide after placing the Firmware on the USB Pen drive.

With your STB powered off plug the USB Pen Drive in and power on.

The first time you plug your box in it will show the set up wizard, obviously enter your language then press ok until you get to this screen.

nochannels.jpg

Now select Menu and move right to Installation then down to System Info. If it shows 1.17 you will need to upgrade to 1.22p (see below).

117.jpg

Below is what it will show with the most recent FW on it.

12225april.jpg

Now go back to Menu and skip over to Utilities, pull down to Download and click OK.

If you followed to guide correctly above then it will show this,

FILELISTBM122P2504.jpg

Click OK on the file the it will start to write the FW to the STB.

filelistwriting2504.jpg

Once finished the STB will automatically reboot, don't panic!.

Then the no channels page will load,

nochannels.jpg

Select Menu then under Settings pull down to Blade Online and press OK.

Select UK Astra 28.2e for Sky,

bladeonline.jpg

Now select from the list your area.

BOUQ.jpg

Click OK and save to normal DB,

databasetosave.jpg

Wait for this to finish takes around 2 seconds then exit to channels.

writingchannels.jpg

Select groups to have them in a chosen category.

Your done.

For this to work you will need to subscribe to a cs server and enter your details into the CSinfo.txt file and download it to your STB or do it manually by pressing 9991 select your connection press ok then 9991 again.

servereditor.jpg

This obviously cannot be discussed on an open forum.

Does anybody know if you have to put new firmware on the Blade BM7000 Combo?

Also do I need to do anything, for example load other software, for me to be able to cardshare on this box?

HiTeck

Thanks for your reply.

You say this is for Blade single tuner only, the combo I have ordered says 'The Blade Media BM7000 Combo Receiver combines an HD and SD (DVB-S2) Satellite Tuner with a Terrestrial (DVB-T)* as a second tuner'.

Therefore I assume this is a single satelite tuner (combined) and therefore this is the correct file?

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Sorry Hiteck to be so dumb, but I just want to ensure that I do not buy a box which i then cannot use it for the functions I need it, for example cardshare etc.

The one Im in the process of ordering is the Blade BM7000 Combo and have read many threads there is not firmware for this and only available for the Blade BM7000s HD (the older version).

If you could please advise further thanks.

The file I linked you to above is for the blade COMBO only, I know it works because I have used it myself on a COMBO.

I released this a week back and can confirm it is for the blade COMBO and not the the BM7000s.

Hi mate, I'm having issues with my new combo connecting to the card server. It is intermittent, as in sometimes it will connect but sometimes it wont. Quite frustrating to be honest! Could it be the firmware having issues with my router? I'm assured that the server has had no issues....

I check my firmware version and it is "June 22nd 201164*" - I notice that it is different to the latest one that you have on this site (BM7000Combo_APP_LD_100p_20110516.stb) - do you think this be the reason my connection is intermittent?

Cheers :-)

Snagsy

Hi mate, I'm having issues with my new combo connecting to the card server. It is intermittent, as in sometimes it will connect but sometimes it wont. Quite frustrating to be honest! Could it be the firmware having issues with my router? I'm assured that the server has had no issues....

I check my firmware version and it is "June 22nd 201164*" - I notice that it is different to the latest one that you have on this site (BM7000Combo_APP_LD_100p_20110516.stb) - do you think this be the reason my connection is intermittent?

Cheers :-)

Snagsy

It surely could make a difference, I guess giving it a go wouldn't cause you any harm, you will be on the latest firmware then. :)

It surely could make a difference, I guess giving it a go wouldn't cause you any harm, you will be on the latest firmware then. :)

Well, I tried it and didn't make a difference. I was expecting it to wipe all my CS settings but for some reason it didnt delete them.

:(

yes you can follow this procedure to update with new firmware.

*The server list will not be wiped after a firmware update, your c/lines will stay as there are.

just got a combo from a mate and tried 4 diff usbs, formated to fat32 and the .stb file on there, but not picking up on the box?

i am struggling to add my newcamd line to my blade can anyone help the the latest firmware thanks

- - - Updated - - -

oh sorry its a bm700s

Back