H.2S programming... Back to basics..

Fizzdog13

Hi Chaps,

I would like to know how to set a H.2S box up or more to the point how to program one from new for use with a sky satellite with a sky type skin(looks like normal sky)

is is there an easy guide for idiots like myself?

also I want to add a external hard drive so I can record... Can this be any make and any size?

My mate mate has a H.2S that he purchased ready to go. But he's only got a small hard drive that's not externally powered.. That's what it came with so I assume it's ok.

But out I would like to set mine up from scratch.

many thanks,

Jamie

Use a back up? Where would I get a back from!? I don't think you realise how much of a beginner I am here... I can use a computer but I've not done anything like this before.

you say look for barebones in the 2's section? Don't know where this 2's section is but I'm guessing it's on this website? I will look for it, thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:35 PM ----------

I've found that guide you said about! Thanks pal

Of your not tech minded I wouldn't start with a bare bones version download a couple of different images from this site all come with instructions then fiddle about with each and get to know the system before going full hog into it....these box's can do so many things I been fiddling with mine since August last year and still class myself as a novice but can fix a pc a doddle....good luck enjoy

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Two quick questions...

does it it matter that I use a Mac and not a windows based operation?

also.. Is there a glossary section on here as I'm reading words and abbreviations in every line I read that I've never heard before.

If you look at the stickys you will see one that says wooshbuild thats a good starting point to read if you want a quick start guide. Will take you 30-60 mins but make sure you read post one and follow the instructions bit by bit tho ive heard a new build is coming soon.

Back