Cable H1 hard to set up?

Professor

Hi chaps, been advised to look at an H1. A few questions for users if you would be so kind.

How easy are these to set up and get going? Had a look on youtube but no usful vids to assist and am a bit concerned as to what I will have to do out of the box.

I would likely be using the cable side of things with some sort of server yet to be decided. Will I be able to get it up and running without changing any firmware or adding software etc?

Was hoping it was similar to the openbox setups I have seen whereby that being basically power up add the server reboot and away we go. Or am I dreaming. :)

Thanks for any input and clarification. :)

Idiot guide welcome.

Last edited:
If you load a back up image from somewhere it has all you need just add your line in, easy to do and very good box to for £62 you carn' go wrong

If you load a back up image from somewhere it has all you need just add your line in, easy to do and very good box to for £62 you carn' go wrong

Ahh that sounds like just what I need thanks nat... The box does look good. Any idea where I would go to find such an image?

A couple of follow ups...

Do we get BT Sports on a VM server on a cable setup? Just that I have seen a channel list not listing it but it maybe old. I have found it allusive to actually find a listing of what you get on each service.

Are there any known issues using these with a Super Hub?

Looking on the bay and there is a Zgemma Star H1 Twin Tuner( DVBS2) AND ( DVBC ) for a princely some of £54.95... That is the right hardware I assume? No worries for clones in this area I understand. I may well pull the trigger on it if so, thats a decent price for what looks like a good bit of kit.

TIA

Yes you get BT sports, no issues with super hub and there is a few friends I know bought off eBay from different sellers and not come across a clone yet.

Back