Cable H1 tuner not great?

emporer

So I've had my H1 for almost a month now, my thoughts are the tuner is ok but not very good, i'm having picture break ups and glitches on some HD channels, its only really ones on a higher frequency around 800mhz upwards, SNHD, SSNHD, BT Europe HD. The SD versions are fine as are most other HD channels which all seem to be in the lower frequency range, I've read the Samsung tuner on these can be problematic and not very forgiving of a weak signal, but my signal is spot on and power levels are perfect etc.

Aside from this annoyance the H1 is actually a great box for the money, but i'm one who can't live with issues like that as they just bug the hell out of me so I imagine in the next month or two i'll probably upgrade to a Vu of some sort which will have a better hardware setup I imagine.

I had exact same problem with the h1 and ibox3 and amiko's, they don't like my weak signal, but I got slated for daring to say anything negative about a zgemma lol, I switched to DVBSKY and Vu Turbo USB tuners and all channels work perfect with no pixelation, mine was the lower freq's appx 120Mhz ish, SS2HD, most of the movie HD channels, bought a konig booster but as cable needs a "sweet spot" it had too much signal on other channels then lol

Coax and HDMI are fine, good quality cables. I've read someone posted somewhere with similar issues with HD channels on the higher frequencies, small picture break ups, pixelated lines etc, very much like a weak signal except that my line is around 5-6db which is perfect. I think its down to the tuner really, get what you pay for I suppose.

I did consider a Vu Zero with a Turbo tuner but read many posts of folks having problems with the box not recognising the Turbo tuner, driver issues apparently, not sure if its still the case or if its resolved by now but external plug in tuners don't fill me with confidence. I think i'll just end up with a high end box like a Duo 2 or Xtrend 10k.

Its their flagship box now and very well received by many, although I've never had any Xtrend boxes before so can't compare, i'm a Vu guy, love their boxes, proper quality but upon going cable this Zgemma is more of a trial for me as I did say to myself from the start that if all is well with a cable setup then i'll upgrade to a much better box at some point, looks like it may be forced on me now!

I have had h1 for over a month running on cable and there is 3 splitters before it even hits the box and never had a glitch , signal strength is top quality and yes its the one with the so called weak tuner :peace:

What I've done was take all cables out of tuner and/or splitter and put them back in fitting firmly. That helped fix my problem...With a good reboot of course.

I have 3 Zgemma's H1 (Cable) for the family and certainly no problems on any channels at all _ Only freezing / glitching we had was from a bad server but all sorted with a new stable server ~ Very Happy Chappy.

I have 3 Zgemma's H1 (Cable) for the family and certainly no problems on any channels at all _ Only freezing / glitching we had was from a bad server but all sorted with a new stable server ~ Very Happy Chappy.

Its definitely not the server side of things, a friend of mine in the next town uses the same server and also a Zgemma H1 without issues, I did replace the splitter I use yesterday, it was a pretty old splitter so bought a Konig one from Amazon, seems to have helped a bit I think, still having minor pic break ups/lines of pixelated garble but i'm sure its a bit better, this does all point to the tuner being not quite right, maybe not sensitive enough or a bit over sensitive.

It will do me for now, i'll gather some pennies over the coming weeks and hopefully install a spanky new Vu Duo 2 and keep the Zgemma as a backup box.

Do you have a contact? pm me plz

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Its definitely not the server side of things, a friend of mine in the next town uses the same server and also a Zgemma H1 without issues, I did replace the splitter I use yesterday, it was a pretty old splitter so bought a Konig one from Amazon, seems to have helped a bit I think, still having minor pic break ups/lines of pixelated garble but i'm sure its a bit better, this does all point to the tuner being not quite right, maybe not sensitive enough or a bit over sensitive.

It will do me for now, i'll gather some pennies over the coming weeks and hopefully install a spanky new Vu Duo 2 and keep the Zgemma as a backup box.

I like how people blame the boxes no sorry it's your setup.

VM send engineers out for a reason so the installs are tweaked to suit the install if you have changed this which you have then that is all down to you not the boxes fault.

I speak to buddies of mine that worked for Vm and this is one of the most annoying things they have to deal with and it causes massive network issues back in the cabs when people add extra items to the install.

My line and levels are perfect, nothing more can be done at my end of the setup. I just think that my tuner is maybe slightly over or under sensitive to things.

I am going to attempt to prove myself correct as my friend a few miles away has the same box and uses the same provider as me etc, his is fine, i'll see if I can get him to bring his box round and then i'll get a definite answer.

Back