H2h connection issue

Hi all thanks in advance can anyone help me i need to connect the virgin cable to the box but my virgin box only has a line in no loop
i should also say i only use the broadband and not the TV from virgin
Also will they detect im drawing from the TV side without a sub

Don't understand what your your saying, but if you have a V1rgin cable, plug it into your new "receiver" job done.
Virmin media will not detect a thing, there too busy ripping off customers

OK thanks for the reply

Cristyn, if you only use the vm for the bband, you will need a two way splitter. Your feed which at present goes straight to the router needs to go into the in part of the splitter, leaving you two outs. One which will go back into the router and the other goes into the box and you will most likely need a fitting for the cable box end depending on which box you are using

Thanks mate that's just what i needed to know ill order a kit I've seen on eBay one more thing i have a forward path attenuator 6db and 3 dB plugged in the back of my box im assuming the splitter goes before that ?

Thanks mate that's just what i needed to know ill order a kit I've seen on eBay one more thing i have a forward path attenuator 6db and 3 dB plugged in the back of my box im assuming the splitter goes before that ?

I thought you only used vm for bband? This being the case just try the incoming feed placed into the in splitter and the two other outs as I said above, if you have any issues then you can add the attenuator

Excuse my ignorance mate but i don't know the purpose of an attenuator and so when i put my new virgin box on the line with them attached just screwed it on also yes i only use the line for internet

Excuse my ignorance mate but i don't know the purpose of an attenuator and so when i put my new virgin box on the line with them attached just screwed it on also yes i only use the line for internet

try what I said first, pull the feed from the router> add this to the in part of the splitter, leaving you 2 outs. Now use one of the outs and add to the router again, then add the other cable to the other out and add to the box, see how you go first

If you could be a little clearer on what your saying, we could help you out.
Terminology we use :
Line = server connection
Box = what is a box?? Router, modem, receiver, connection point on the wall?
Your mentioning 2 attenuators, you must have more than 1 cable.
Have you previously had a virmin media receiver?
Unless it's me your questions and answers are too vague

OK i have always been on virgin media for internet only i have recently brought a zgemma h.2.h box i have sat and cable sub's sat is working great im trying to connect up the cable side
The virgin box i have is hub 3 im on 200 mb gamer uninterrupted connection
I know i need a splitter as described by the other guy what i need to know is the two attenuators currently screwed on the cable wire
1. do i need them
2. Are they slowing my internet speed

I would split the cable before the router/modem then reconnect one wire to your router and one to your zgemma H2H. Leave off the attenuators for now. If all works well leave them off.if you have issues put them back on and test again.
They won't be slowing the internet speed.
If you login to your super hub you can view your signal levels, do this as existing and once you have done the splitting. You could post the results on this thread for us to look at.

Just to try and help your understanding a bit...

Attenuators are simply lowering the amount of signal being recieved by your modem. Too low a signal is a bad thing - but so is too high a signal and that what attenuators are used for.
A splitter will take one signal in, and split it into two. This also reduces the signal - so you probably won't need the attenuators as it's already been reduced.

Thanks biohead i took them out and used a splitter its now all set up and working the only thing I've had twice so far if a loss of programs with an error message but it cane back on after a few mins

Hey all, apologies for hijacking the thread but i have a question regarding virgin. I have a H2H which i have connected as instructed by all the guides i've seen online. I'm also only subscribed for VM broadband but have used a splitter to set up my receiver. I have configured the tuner and set it to my area. However, when i try to tune i get no channels. Is it possible that virgin is not sending a tv signal to my property and is there a cheap way to get around this? Thanks, Ash.

Its ABM you need to enter your area into then run that. If cable live though so should be getting the few FTA

All channels are broadcast over the cable network, every property connected to the network receives all channels - it's down to the VM box and viewing card to determine what the customer can and can't view. They do not (and cannot) "send" certain services to certain properties only.

Use the AutoBouquetsMaker to do a scan and it should find all the channels.

If not, go to Signal Finder and see if it's getting a signal and locked to a transponder.

You *do* have the cable feed connected to the Belling-Lee (aka "aerial" aka "rf connector") socket marked "Tuner B in", and not to the F-connector (which is the input for a Satellite dish LNB) don't you? (ahem - I made that error with my first Zgemma......!)

---------- Post Merged at 02:24 PM ----------

Oh and to the OP - when on a forum dedicated to satellite and cable TV boxes, please don't ever refer to a broadband modem / router as a "box"! It is incredibly confusing!

Last edited:
Back