H2H connection ?

BestGuess

Hi
Silly question time I'm having issues with freezing channels and I'm trying to eradicate all options before I kick my line supplier to the kerb and look for an alternative one.
What is most important connection to the H2H the Vermin cable or the Ethernet I have tried changing various things ( different Ethernet , shorter Vermin cable , moved superhub back to it's original position , removed cable splitter )
On certain channels I never have any issues but on others it's unwatchable ( Fox , Universal , Alibi ) the only thing I have not changed is the image ( Is there an image that is recommended for use with Vermin)
My box is H2H , running iPab (willing to change if need be) + Vermin

Appreciate any help with this
Cheers

What signal strength do you get on the bad channels ?
It sounds like a signal problem to me :)

Don't know how 99% is achieved my mate has Vermin and his sits at 29% the same as mine we both have different boxes and different images mine iPab his Vix and both have different line supplier his seems to be a lot more stable than mine. I know this is a subjective question but is there a recommended image that works with Vermin or is it purely down to personal choice ?

The picture of signal level above looks like it's on a H5.2TC rather than a H2.H (Note the tuner C).

I believe the 29% signal issue with a flaw with the firmware and wasn't giving an accurate reading which a different (newer) firmware rectifies.

The picture of signal level above looks like it's on a H5.2TC rather than a H2.H (Note the tuner C).

I believe the 29% signal issue with a flaw with the firmware and wasn't giving an accurate reading which a different (newer) firmware rectifies.

It's a H.2S with an Opticombo USB tuner, it's what I build my H.2H image on because I haven't got a H.2H.

EDIT: No it isn't sorry, it's an ET8500. That was obviously the box I was faffing with at the time.

Reactions: ste
@Willo3092 is your build for Sly rather than Vermin the issue I'm having is doing my head in changed every cable connection I put it onto Fox,Universal,Alibi it freezes every couple of minutes I've had it on Sly movies Tom Hanks HD for the last 3+ hours not once has it frozen can't figure this out ?

@Willo3092 is your build for Sly rather than Vermin the issue I'm having is doing my head in changed every cable connection I put it onto Fox,Universal,Alibi it freezes every couple of minutes I've had it on Sly movies Tom Hanks HD for the last 3+ hours not once has it frozen can't figure this out ?

I think all my builds are for combi now. Is it the H2H one?

I did read somewhere if the ecm is above 1.000 it can cause problems but anywhere I've asked about it no one seems to know if it's a thing that can be stabilised to stay below 1.000 ?

My H2H is getting 69% on cable tuner, currently using @dsayers build

h2hsignalfinder.jpg

I did read somewhere if the ecm is above 1.000 it can cause problems but anywhere I've asked about it no one seems to know if it's a thing that can be stabilised to stay below 1.000 ?

That's generally what people say but I've had much greater ecm values without glitching before.
What softcam are you using? I think oscam is the best bet.

1000 is nothing, ecms can and do go as high as 3000/4000 without issues.

Back