H2H Tuner Failed Fatal

vini

Hi all,
Been running my H2H for a year with no problems, just using VM cable, no sky connected.

Lost some HD channels recently but most of channels still worked.

I decided to change image but now when I scan on autobouquet I'm getting 'Tuner Failed Fatal'.
When I do a service scan it takes ages and only find a handful of channels.

I'm thinking that it could be one of the following but just wanted some guidance

1. RF In - My RF In feels a bit wobbly (is there a way to secure/fix this?)
2. My line has run out 2 months early (I have a test line which doesn't seem to help)
3. Cable damaged - I've tried the feed to my VM box which I know works and still no joy)

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Vini

Hi all,
Been running my H2H for a year with no problems, just using VM cable, no sky connected.

Lost some HD channels recently but most of channels still worked.

I decided to change image but now when I scan on autobouquet I'm getting 'Tuner Failed Fatal'.
When I do a service scan it takes ages and only find a handful of channels.

I'm thinking that it could be one of the following but just wanted some guidance

1. RF In - My RF In feels a bit wobbly (is there a way to secure/fix this?)
2. My line has run out 2 months early (I have a test line which doesn't seem to help)
3. Cable damaged - I've tried the feed to my VM box which I know works and still no joy)

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers
Vini
What image or build have you reflashed with? Checked sky tuner is disabled on it? Entered your area ID(Leicester 12 is it?) Into ABM?

You should be getting 1-5 SD without your line in.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response.

I tried the Biohead image which is conveniently set up for Reading 00013.
http://www.techkings.org/threads/biohead-image-openatv-6-1-with-vskin-cable-only.94055/

Managed to get BBC1, 2, 3, CH4 and Ch5 to work now so I presume that my cable feed is getting through.

I can only assume that it's my line.

I'm trying a test line from someone as I think that my working line had stopped working 2 months early. Maybe that's still the problem.

I might be over-looking something simple!! That's usually the case!

Cheers
Vini

have if there is no sat tuner enabled/connected and the new build has sky listed as a provider in abm this would cause the issue but you can't deselect sky without re-enabling the sat tuner.

In an ATV based image do the following
Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner configuration -> Tuner A and change config mode to simple and then press the green button. If asked if you want to zap back select yes. Now press the exit button once and then select AutobouquetsMaker -> Providers and scroll down and make sure freesat and sky are both set to NO and then press the green button to save changes. Now select run scan.

If the scan runs OK press the exit button once and then select Tuner configuration -> tuner A and change config mode to not connected (cant remember actual wording) and press the green button to save. Noow exit back to TV and you should be all sorted

Also If you're in Area 13 Reading you need ABM 2.8 and then update config then scan.

Have you ran all updates then if you go to plugins uninstall you'll see ABM version installed?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks Grog68, will check that too, but pretty sure that's sorted already.
Yea I think I posted at same as you're post where you stated your using bioheads so my response probably doesn't apply

Also If you're in Area 13 Reading you need ABM 2.8 and then update config then scan.

Have you ran all updates then if you go to plugins uninstall you'll see ABM version installed?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Just gone to

The updated ABM has cured the searching/tuner problem so thank you very much.

Still only getting FTA channels so I will now look at the line and hope it's something obvious.

Cheers

The updated ABM has cured the searching/tuner problem so thank you very much.

Still only getting FTA channels so I will now look at the line and hope it's something obvious.

Cheers
What line file do u have, where did you put it and what cam trying??? I can test it for you later if want a second opinion.

What line file do u have, where did you put it and what cam trying??? I can test it for you later if want a second opinion.
I've tried my line that I've used for the past year and a test line that I got last night.
So far I've tried 2 of my own lines and 2 test ones...
My current 'CWS =' line in 'user > keys' > newcamd.list
The test C: and my N: line in to CCcam.cfg in etc.

I've tried my line that I've used for the past year and a test line that I got last night.
So far I've tried 2 of my own lines and 2 test ones...
My current 'CWS =' line in 'user > keys' > newcamd.list
The test C: and my N: line in to CCcam.cfg in etc.
Hmmm. Wobbly tuners fairly common and if 1-5 SD fine then I'm thinking something else. Done a network test? Bioheads file templates are all good to go so not that. Why did you reflash in the first place?

Presume you were ATV before then and know how to change cam and start them?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Wobbly tuners fairly common and if 1-5 SD fine then I'm thinking something else. Done a network test? Bioheads file templates are all good to go so not that. Why did you reflash in the first place?

Presume you were ATV before then and know how to change cam and start them?

I started losing a few channels and my image was very old, bit clunky to us, but wishing I hadn't been so quick to change!
Can't find my backup usb or I would just go back.
I'm almost certain that it must be a line issue, I'll try a few more things and post an update later.
Cheers

I have the same problems and have 2 boxes. One has tuner B =ATBM 7811 and works and the other is = Si2168 and displays Fatal ? How can I change the broken one use a back up ?

I have the same problems and have 2 boxes. One has tuner B =ATBM 7811 and works and the other is = Si2168 and displays Fatal ? How can I change the broken one use a back up ?
is your autobouquetsmaker up to date? you should be using version 3.1

Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker

-> About shows version installed
-> Update Provider files - makes sure provider files are up to date, but only works if you have version 3.1 installed

Menu -> Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker

-> About shows version installed
-> Update Provider files - makes sure provider files are up to date, but only works if you have version 3.1 installed
Can I use the other box to fix it as I have reflashed with open atv 6.2 and wooshbuild and it stayed the same ?

Back