H5.2TC frustrations

djdexter247

Very frustrated this evening, had to re-start my box running Ipabs image and low & behold stuck on boot again! So tried flashing Woosh again and to my surprise still doesn't like external hard drives!

Why is there not a glitch free image yet for this box? Seems if you could merge Woosh's build quality with Ipabs functionality it would be there, both based on openATV6...bizarre

Sorry, rant over

Why don't you do your own? If you know what you want. Go do it
It's very easy

They are both the same firmware openatv

You should be using a small gb usb for flashing m8, i don't understand why your box would go to boot, if there was a fully active image on your box..???

Would love to but purely do not have the time at present hence my slightly ironic rant plus that given that both Ipabs and Woosh's have issues says there may be underlying problems somewhere

lol...yes the box... I've been using sat boxes for about 5 years, and in my honest option.. zgemma is certainly not the best, and i can see why a lot of people get frustrated with this box

Both flash absolutely fine just Woosh's seems to pick up there is a hard drive but then cannot partition it correctly and Ipabs seems to be kniwn for working fine for days but once you switch off or restart the box it locks in boot however it does see any type of hard drive you sling at it

What is your list of problems?

I have no problem with zgemma I have a h2s and it does the job, it does the same job as a £300+ job

Had a 2s and started doing h.2s' so probably flashed Woosh on about 30 boxes without issue as it's quite easy however with the 2 H5.2TC's I have these are the issues;

Ipabs image is a bit trickier to set up but when its up and running all it's good however if you need to complete restart or power is interrupted it locks in boot.

Woosh as expected is a dream to set up and use but it will not recognise any of the 3 HDD I have (all of which have been used on previous boxes and woosh builds without issue, all are also recognised and work on Ipabs image with both images being OpenATV6. Also ran the updates on both with only woosh's needing 33 but still no HDD)

Recording not really an issue as I can use the 128Gb memory stick in the back but I have a 4Tb HDD with all my series' and films on that now cannot be recognised

I have a lightweight build I completed which you are welcome to use to test with if you want. Nothing fancy like woosh or ipab, no wizard to set up. Just flash it, add your line to the newcamd file, change your net id and re-scan.

Comes fully set up with Kiddacs slyk, virmin, slykq and onyx skins

edit - Tuner A is disabled on the image as I do not use it, easy for you to enable though.

Sorry about last night, let my frustrations get the better of me however enjoying the love and support from the forum. Many thanks to you all!

Only update ipab when they state there is a update. Ipab have just released a emergency update and IPTV update. All works fine with me and restarts ok no boot locks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back