H5.2tc vs Edision Os mini plus

Hi all. I would really appreciate it if anybody has any insight on these boxes please. I used to have the twin sat tuner edision and liked it. However, I really disliked the remote (it had to be pointed directly at the box). It was also slow when changing chanels (2-3 seconds). Apart from that it barely gave me any grief.

I don't know much about the h5.2tc but it seems to be recommended a lot in here. Could anybody who has had either or knows a lot either box please give me an idea of which is better!

Must haves - twin cable tuner, ability to watch free to air channels without sky dish, can run iptv smoothly and recording, rewinding. A sat tuner would be nice but not mandatory. Relatively future proof for a couple of years at least.

The budget is about £100. Thanks in advance.

Hard to say as most people would have either one or the other ... I have only used the H5.2TC (my current box) and it hasn't given me a single problem since I fitted it several weeks ago.

The Edision OS Mini plus has only one tuner that can be used for sat or cable but not at the same time, so I think that narrows your choice down a bit.

Edit: There was a problem with the Edision remotes where the infared lens was knocked out of line when assembled. I seem to remember that you can prise it apart and adjust it.

The Edision OS Mini plus has only one tuner that can be used for sat or cable but not at the same time, so I think that narrows your choice down a bit.

Edit: There was a problem with the Edision remotes where the infared lens was knocked out of line when assembled. I seem to remember that you can prise it apart and adjust it.

Thank you. You've been really helpful.

Hard to say as most people would have either one or the other ... I have only used the H5.2TC (my current box) and it hasn't given me a single problem since I fitted it several weeks ago.

Thank you. I've decided to go with the h5.2tc.

Back