Cable hard drive problem

Im using a 1tb external hard drive on my H1 which is working fine recording etc. The problem is when the box has been on a channel for a while and i go to turn the channel over, the HDD starts up and the Vix sign rotates in the top left, and the box freezes for a few seconds before it changes the channel. I have set the HDD to no stand by and tried everything i can think of, but no luck. Anyone had the same problem.

yes its powered. I have tried to put the epg on usb stick, but the only options are HDD or internal.

---------- Post Merged at 06:58 PM ----------

I have managed to put the epg data on usb stick and recordings on to external HDD, but the HDD still boots and the box freezes for a few seconds when i change the channel.

Only thing you can do is switch to external powered hard drive which is what people should really use with these boxes.

The current one you have is relying on the usb power so it is powering down then coming back to life which is why you get the delay this is how these hard drives work (most have the power saving built into firmware so changing settings on pc/boxes has no effect)

Only thing you can do is switch to external powered hard drive which is what people should really use with these boxes.

The current one you have is relying on the usb power so it is powering down then coming back to life which is why you get the delay this is how these hard drives work (most have the power saving built into firmware so changing settings on pc/boxes has no effect)

Thanks for your reply. The 1TB has an external power supply, and the epg is now set to a 16GB usb drive.The HDD is only set for recording.

Back