Harmony Remote Code for Zgemma H9.2S

neelix

Hi all :-)
Purchased a Zgemma H9.2S recently and I must say it's a smashing piece of kit.
I have OpenVix on it as it works well for me.
The only job left was to program my Logitech Harmony remote to work both the TV and the SAT Box.
Entered the model number into the compatability checker on Logitech's website and it said no setttings available :-(

After a bit of investigation on the net, I found that the Zgemma H7S uses the same remote as the H9.2S

Programmed the remote with the H7 info and it works perfectly.

Hope this helps somebody with the same equipment :-)

Steve

Different looking but they will all work any Zgemma box.
Admittedly I haven't tried the H9 but H2S/H H5 and H7 will all work on the same remote.

The button assignments being programmed to a Harmony remote would be wrong if I used the H9s on a H9.2S remote.

I have the Harmony remote also great piece of kit i have my zgemma programmed into it along with my tv and my blueray player.

You can manually programme your harmony with your zgemma remote if it isnt listed in there database its done pretty easy

hook your harmony remote up to a pc or laptop and open up the harmony software from there you select that your device isnt listed and will do it manually you then just press each of the buttons from your zgemma and then press what button you want it to be saved on the harmony once done
save the device so you always have it :
)

Yep, I know you can do that Andy, just thought this way is more straightforward than manually programming it.
Thanks anyway :-)

Yep, I know you can do that Andy, just thought this way is more straightforward than manually programming it.
Thanks anyway :-)
i have the harmony elite and H9.2s....used the standard zgemma from the pre programmed list and it works..had to manually program couple buttons which i use more frequently but other than all works well.

i have the harmony elite and H9.2s....used the standard zgemma from the pre programmed list and it works..had to manually program couple buttons which i use more frequently but other than all works well.

I thought the standard remote would work on all Zgemmas. I would have been surprised if the H9 was different to the rest of the range.

I thought the standard remote would work on all Zgemmas. I would have been surprised if the H9 was different to the rest of the range.
it does. i am not sure what the issue is for OP. the pre programmed zgemma from Logitech software works flawlessly (tried with H2S, H9S and now H9.2S

it does. i am not sure what the issue is for OP. the pre programmed zgemma from Logitech software works flawlessly (tried with H2S, H9S and now H9.2S
My main problem is that I tried inputting H9.2S into the Harmony database and it could not find it.
Thats why I had to search for a Zgemma that used the same remote, and to which found that the H7 was supported on Harmony's database.
I also tried changing it from H9.2S to H92S and it still didn't find it.
Maybe it's just me, but either way, the H7 configuaration works a treat.

Steve

Back