Have to keep restarting my line after daily scan

Waz786

Hello, guys having issues at moment each time my miraclebox (open vix) does a daily scan the night before i have to keep restarting my line via softcams. I've enabled autostart etc. I have the exact same box in another room no issues with that

Sounds like one of them problems you never get to the bottom of, just reflash it
and set it up again.

Sounds like one of them problems you never get to the bottom of, just reflash it
and set it up again.

Hmmm flashing box, sounds like a bigger job. Where do i get firmware for it etc & what do i need. Do you have step by step guide bees?

always get openvix from their site,and bees has sweated blood and guts for that guide.
Brilliant guide from bees i must say as that's what helped me i'm thick noveist lol. Will do WOS put firmware on for when i purchased it other week. Weird thing is if i delete bouquets, start scan manually no issues with line comes on even if i restart via gui/ restart box, line comes on automatically. It's just when it does a daily scan over night that seems to cause issues

when you say a daily scan are you talking about abm? that could be disabled in settings to try
Yes, in abm i put it to weekly but this morning again switched box on did same thing had to restart the line. I've disabled scan to see if that does the trick but i'm not hopeful. Reflashing seems out of my capabilities is that easy to do?

A reflash will take you approximately 30 minutes.
There is a guide to setting up a receiver with openatv in my signature strip.
Open vix is simliar but some of the plugins are already loaded so miss out the parts on adding ABM etc.

yes reflashing is easy once you store your newcamd.list and mg_cfg to a folder on pc first.

is box been powered off or just standbye?

A reflash will take you approximately 30 minutes.
There is a guide to setting up a receiver with openatv in my signature strip.
Open vix is simliar but some of the plugins are already loaded so miss out the parts on adding ABM etc.
Thanks @dangerous will check that out think i may have to look at that long term. @cactikid no i put it on standby never power it of.

more likely issue when setting up and where is epg going to usb/hdd i hope,yes you can if need be reflash and start from scratch,always have a copy of cfg and line on folder on pc first..

more likely issue when setting up and where is epg going to usb/hdd i hope,yes you can if need be reflash and start from scratch,always have a copy of cfg and line on folder on pc first..
Thanks @cactikid yes, i've got a hdd for epg etc. I've got same box in my living room i used that hdd to restore see if that would make a difference but it didn't some reason.

Yes, had image backed up & image. Did a reflash firmware & restore yesterday but this morning same problem & issue didn't resolve it. I'll reflash it again without restoring it see if that helps. But my options are becoming limited into knowing what the problem & fault is

Go to WoS and get the latest image for your box, stick it on a USB, power on the box at the rocker switch
and press a button on the front of the box. Button depends on the make of the box, sometimes its UP sometimes it's OK etc. There are flashing guides on there too so you know which one it is.

That's it, make a brew and wait, takes about 10 mins

Then you will need to follow the guide on here.

So make sure you have your line details.

Thanks @bees & everyone for there help & input. Just did a reflash via the box thought i'd try that option with latest firmware image of vix before attempting the usb option. This time I didn't restore my backup and settings, set it up as new & seems to have resolved all issues as turned box on this morning & didn't have to restart line. My line provider also helped by altering my line details slightly via ncam so maybe that helped as well. Thanks guys as always

Back