HD Channels

yashman

I do not think there is much difference in picture quality on all the HD channels than the standard channels on my blade. It is connected via HDMI out put to my my 32inch Toshiba LCD Screen. When double press the info button on my remote when viewing any HD channel it does say 1080i. Is there some step i have missed in the set up. HD channels on my Sky + HD box are crystal clear. Anyone else with the same issues.

are you using the same hdmi cable,i can see the cheap ones not giving crystal clear picture,hd is so much better than sd maybe a setting needs a tweak.

I used the hdmi cable that came with box. Would that cause a drastic loss of picture quality? I have VCR tapes with better picture quality than my HD reception on my box.

ones that come in boxes will do the job ,but there are better out there for clarity and better shielding,have you also rechecked your f connectors are good and tight.

make sure you set blade to 1080p and not 1080i if you have a true hd 1080p tv and make sure you use a 1080p hdmi cable there is a vast difference between sd and 1080p on my lg tv@52 inch

When you double press the info button the 1080i you are seeing is just the format the picture has been transmitted in.

On the remote control the last but one row of buttons at the bottom look for the button saying Vformat just under the green button.
Keep pressing this till it says 1080i. That will set the output of the blade to 1080i.

Thanks Guys i have reset my box so many times after various firmware updates that i forgot to update the AV output settings to 1080i.

Yes but not on all HD channels. BBC HD SKY NEWS HD and few of the Sky movie channels are pristine clear

Back