HD51 4K HD51 Ethernet Leds?

jazz

Not sure if I have a problem with my Mutant HD51, never noticed this before. The ethernet port has two leds one green and one orange, the green led is constantly on and the orange led is flashing all of the time even with the box in standby. Is this how it should be?

hd51.jpg

Thanks.
Seems to be the other way around?
The left hand side led (amber) is constantly blinking.
The right hand side led (green) is constantly on and solid (not blinking)

on my gigablue left hand side green constantly on and solid
right hand side amber constantly blinking.

but i would not worrie about it Different devices or hardware manufactures may have these on either side

That's fine - a solid light means that there is a connection, the blinking light means data is being transferred over the connection

That's fine - a solid light means that there is a connection, the blinking light means data is being transferred over the connection
Thanks. I just find it strange that the amber led is blinking even in standby mode constantly for 24 hrs.

There's probably some packets being transferred all the time, most modern devices do quite a bit in standby.

Some set top boxes have near full power consumption in the default standby mode, I know one of my old youview boxes was like this. If you switched it to 'eco' standby, it took a few minutes to wake up!

Back