HDMI output

Hi guys, just received my box however i ordered the wrong coax cable so i thought i will fire up the box and set it up before the cable arrives. However i can't seem to get any output from the box HDMI, it boots up fine and the time comes up. I have even tried flashing couple of different images which has gone fine but just can't seem to get any output.

I have tried multiple HDMI's, any suggestions? Is it necessary for the box to be connected to sat for it to even boot up!?

thanks

the box can boot up with just power & hdmi plugged in, have you tried a different hdmi port/ and monitor failing that try rca output (red yellow white plugs)

It might just be a setting, If I remember rightly, when I first started up a zgemma it was on openatv and the first question the wizard asks you is what input would you like to use? hdmi scart or another input.
You might of clicked the wrong one leaving it in the state it currently is in.

could be, however i have flashed openatv again and have had no input. looks like i will just have to wait and get an a/v cable from somewhere to test it

does your tv input need hdmi port to be switched on,some tvs might have 4 hdmi ports and are you on the correct one?

true, yeah just get a rca cable to test it out, where do you buy the zgemma from?
bought it off amazon as i wanted prime now delivery, really annoying because at 9pm i ordered £20 worth of crap just to get the right coax cable delivered via prime now (2 hr delivery in london)

does your tv input need hdmi port to be switched on,some tvs might have 4 hdmi ports and are you on the correct one?

yes, its an old samsung 1080p lcd with 2 inputs, my xbox/ps4 work fine on the hdmi

Never brought zgemma off amazon but I cant see that being much a problem, I take it's brand new?
be sure to have selected the right hdmi input port on the tv if you have more than 1 hdmi ports.

yeah even if you flashed openatv again it would completely reset it (you'll be able to see it through hdmi), are you using the hdmi cable that cable with the box? I would Recommend trying a different tv.

Still no joy? get a refund then buy from the zgemma shop which you'll see advertised on here.

got it working! so here's bow - i connect my XBO to tv and connect the box to XBO's HDMI in(this is so you can watch TV from within the console) and it works! there must be something about the box's default res that the tv can't handle. I will try and change settings and see if i can get it to work with a direct connection

Back