Head scratching with a new line provider

adamsm

I'm using grogbuild for h5.2tc, when I create a test line it works fine but when I'm trying a new providers test line it won't work. I was advised to change DNS server to 8.8.8.8 which I dld, and it still doesn't work.

I'm scratching my head at the moment as I can't see why I can't get the new providers test line working...

what type of line is it? mgcamd, cccam or oscam.

It's more than likely the line or the cam isn't running.

Well I've never had any problems with any other lines, so the person creating the test lines must be doing something wrong. I'll have to stick with my current provider for now....

The trouble is finding s table provider and not some cheapo off Ebay who cuts you off after you've paid your years subs.....

90% is user error in not knowing what they are doing first to know with the image you are using as things can vary in where things are sent.
many tuts on forums people dont read first to see where their fix is.
so for starters what cam is being used on box?
N or C lines or lines starting with CWS ?
when requesting a line people dont read the first thread guide and just post.

I know what which cam is for which line I've set up 50 boxes for friends and family. just with this new provider who gave me test lines, I coudln't connect, I'll stick with my current provider even though they are £6.50 a year more than what this new provider was going to be.

I know what which cam is for which line I've set up 50 boxes for friends and family. just with this new provider who gave me test lines, I coudln't connect, I'll stick with my current provider even though they are £6.50 a year more than what this new provider was going to be.
you could try the line in oscam, then via live log you can see status of connection, or if it's being refused, you're right re 'fly by nights' but u can also get resellers that have no control over server whatsoever,then if something goes wrong,you're stuffed

I've never tried using a line with oscam, I'll have a play with this and see if that sheds any light on the situation :-)

you never stated what you used previously,what you are trying to use now, is line the same protocol,did you only paste the line in,did you try typing it in?

Back