Help buying new setup

wxltd

Good Evening,

I am a complete novice when it relates to sat boxes etc.

I am currently searching a box and whatever else i need to buy for a new set up. I have looked at WOS and located the VU boxes as a potential purchase, are these boxes suitable for what i want???
I am into my tech so although this will be my first purchase i am sure i will grasp most things pretty quickly so i am happy to purchase the more technical kit if needed.

1. Reliability and stable hardware
2. What image is the best for also adding things like IPTV over a VPN, VIX or Blackhole etc??
3. Do i need anything else??

Please suggest any box worth looking at £100-£200 will buy the VU Solo 2 if i HAVE to.

Thanks guys

many on here have bought the vu solo2 and use vix,its top rated and well supported,you can record on one tuner and view on the other,if you want just to view the new tm nano se super fast and can run anything.open source boxes are well supported.

it depends if your wanting to record a progrmme and watch another at same time that should be your starting point with your budget your looking at single tuners and twin tuners are over your budget because remember if your wanting to record your going to need a harddrive which is another £40 my choice was a vu+solo2 with team vix image and got a internal harddrive as an extra so you are talking around £300 and remember buy from a shop that only sells genuine boxes because if you decide to look for the cheapest price for these boxes on ebay and get one for half that price then chances are they are clones

OK thanks guys so.... Does the VU+ Solo 2 take ext hard drives as i already have a few, if not i am not bothered about recording as its only sports that i much watch live, anything else i can obtain.
What i am most worried about is changes in applications causing the boxes to slow down after a year or so hence looking for a powerful box. For instance the VU+ Zero vs VU+ Solo 2, the processor in the solo seems future proof with its speed.
If the SOLO 2 has no bad points i will get that one unless anyone knows of a box that is better for the same or less?
Does this box support IPTV on ViX for instance xbmc??

Thanks again for your help

my new tm nano has ts media and kodi and actually got to see a film on it lol,that was latest image and also put on vu duo no ts media or kodi listed to install as box needs to be fast.

I have the tm nano 2 super which has similar capabilities to the VU+ solo 2 and it's been rock solid, great picture and no problems whatsoever. If you don't need twin tuners go for the tm nano as cactikid said or the vu+ zero

Ok right sooooo.....

Ive listened to Cactikid and yourself and combined your opinions to get the nano 2 super. Am i getting this with the VIX image??? Can i connect this box to a pc so i can watch one channel on tv on other on pc as i have 3 monitors.
Can i use an external hardrive rather than internal??

Will you guys help me if i get stuck hahaha as i also need to buy a gift and install kodi plus ts media :) :)

Change of heart guys i am now getting the VU+ solo 2, i decided on this box as if i do not like it i know i can sell it and get back almost what i paid.
I am going to need a line so i will request one on that thread. What i will need help with tomorrow is setting it all up when i get stuck with things such as Hulu if possible.
If this is the wrong way to ask apologies, also thanks to padder and cactikid for the support.

Back