Help choosing a satellite receiver

Rodders86

Hi i am new to the site so sorry if its in the thread is in the wrong place but i'm looking at upgrading i currently have an old spiderbox and t8 box for streaming which is the best budget box that would do both iptv and entering lines. I have a 1m motorised dish which is out of align at the minute is it worth paying to get it realigned as i'm struggling myself to do it or just do away with it and get a sky dish for 28.2e and use iptv for streaming the other channels i mainly want it for the football 3pm games? I would prefer the box to be able to do both sat and cable and would prefer to update through box rather than usb i'm not to bothered about recording? Any help much appreciated

If you are after 3 pm footy get an IPTV box such as a MAG or MXq and pay a server for a two day pass
for the weekend, that's the cheapest way to guarantee all 3pm games and you will get some movies and box sets thrown in.

Depending on who you follow you will get most games on Sky Sports, BT Sports and Sky Sports 5 (ROI)
on a sat or cable box.

Then pay an IPTV server for the games that are missing. That way you have a full sky package all the time and top up the missing
bits where required.

If you go for a sat or cable box then get an E2 type box.

Have a read here to get an idea

A Buyers Guide To The Best Box

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply is the android t8 box i have the same as a mag box? Is the picture quality good using iptv servers i'm new to iptv but streaming footy through the t8 can be hit and miss thats why i'm contemplating setting my motorised back up? Thanks for helping

No, that's an android box. Mag boxes are dedicated IPTV boxes, some might disagree but they're the best of the type in my opinion.

But you can pick up English football on foreign channels with a euro line. It's something I'm looking into myself for the new year.

Quality on a cable box is far superior to an android box or a sat box.

Sat has had pretty much all the HD channels blocked but SD is fine.

Streaming from a server for IPTV will give you a decent picture with little buffering
but going from my limited IPTV experience, it's costs are still off putting.

Say, £5 for a two day pass, £10 per month for a sports package, £25 per month for a full package would be typical ball park prices.

UK Sat server approx £40 per year, Euro Server for a motorised set up £50 - 60

Cable server £80 per year, and yes, glorious HD yeehaa

Maybe the motorised set up would suit you, commentary for the games may not be in English though lol

Thanks for the replys which receivers would you both recomend for sat/cable combo including iptv at a reasonable price i've been looking at the zgemmas and the vu+ i think i'll purchase a receiver and have another play about with my motorised set up.

Back