help me decide what box to get out of the following..

Atari2600

Hello all,
i have been searching for a box that will replace my current sub sly box - so it has to be good quality, good picture quality and cosmetically nice looking to and pretty quick as loading up channels and quick in general. i dont want a cheap budget box, yes the budget box do do the job but they feel so tacky and build quality is like a toy! they also look ugly :-/

i want to get it right first time. i do like the vu+ duo 2 but i cant stretch to £300 + for a box and i dont need the little tv screen in the box waste of time for me!

i have been looking on WOS site and decided i need
3 tuners hybrid combo - 2 satellite tuners and 1 cable tuner. cable tuner will be for my main viewing in hd and the 2 satellite will be for recording.

i have narrowed my selection down to the following but i cant make my mind up. so i was wondering if you guys can help me in deciding.

Miraclebox Premium Twin+ Plus or the Xtrend ET10000 ?
theirs only £40 difference, + £40 for internal hdd

the xtrend et10000 has very similar spec to the vu+ duo 2 - something to do with transcoding ?? what ever that means ? - i think it means i can watch a live channel on my tablet ? if so what app do i use on the tablet and does this mean i need another sub for cable or satellite as technically diffrent ip ? and could i take this tablet any where in the uk and watch live tv from my box at home ??

many thanks

I have the Miraclebox premium twin which is now nearly 2 yrs old and have had no problems with it. miracleboxs use sony tuners so the picture quality is fantastic even in SD. The twin + is the new launch just released and the 1.3 dual pro and a gig lan will make that box brill.

yes the xtrend 10000 2 x sat + 2 cable tuners + 1tb internal hdd would require a sat and cable line to work
xtrend 8000 allows 3 tuners.

i am tempted to get a miraclebox as they look very good, but i have come across miraclebox premium ULTRA which looks good and good spec plus it does transcoding.
ive been on miraclebox website to have a read, they have the ULTRA on their site but not the miraclebox premium twin+ plus ? only the mini (which i believe is discontinued)

i sent email to WOS asking if the ULTRA is discontinued and if their is a new replacement coming out ? i got a response back saying the premium twin+ plus is the replacement ??
i dont think this is the replacement, as twin+ plus doesn't have transcoding, smaller memory, looks more basic. and also their was a model called premium twin - so surely it makes sense to call the new replacement twin+ plus ?

can anyone clarify this for me please ?

i do like the looks and spec of the ultra anyone know where i can potentially buy it from ? - surely it cant be discontinued ? as all the post/ site i find regarding the ultra model their only going back till 2015 last year im sure they wont have discontinued it within a years time?

it seems to be their flagship model ?

thanks

i think the premium ultra box may take you above your budget looking at the price on the miraclebox website. Also the premium range apparently allow you to watch a different channel via the app similar to the Vu+. But can't say much about the box as I'm running a Vu+ Duo 2.

My miraclebox premium twin+ plus comes tomorrow (y)

Twin cable plus one sat tuner and very fast processor, don't even know about transcoding, and have no intention of using it, but the box looks the nuts lol

Pretty much the same spec as the ET8000 which is a bit cheaper, the ET1000 has a higher spec again but a bit more expensive.

Will let you know what I think when I have had time to mess with it.

Last edited:
I installed an ultra last year, it is a very good box, but I don't think it was much of a seller for WOS as it always seemed overpriced for the market, so more than lightly they saying the premier plus is all they going to stock of that make.

vu box any I sold my vu+duo 5 years ago to my mate? and still going strong, I got a et900 in its place it lasted 4 years then went bang, I got another et9500 only cuzz it was on offer at 150 other wise I would have got a vu again?

can someone please explain how the "watch 1 channel on your tv and stream another channel onto a tablet or iphone" feature work please?
do i need 2 lines for this to work ?
let say we have gone out - friends house/ gone to a different city can i watch my tv on my tablet as long as i have got wifi signal ?? or is it only within the same house ?

the spec says the premium twin plus has this feature -

if i cant get hold of the ultra then the twin plus will also be ideal. -
im only thinking ultra model if i did have that i would install kodi onto the box as its got enough memory to run quick and smoothly and also looks good

you have to open a port like 8090 in you router and set the same port in your box like 8090 then forward it to the box , and also you need a no-ip address to do this, . so you would put http:// your no-ip address:8090 I think, I cant explain how in writing sozz

Last edited:
i dont think its the same principle for the miraclebox as its a software thing - you download an app from google play or apple

i think what your referring to is if its a hardware thing ?

bees how have you got on with the box mate ??
pros and cons buddy , whats picture quality like ?

Very pleased with it, EPG and channel switching seems a bit faster than my original combo.

Picture quality is great, but so was my original combo that's why I went for another miracle box.

Can record in HD and now watch another HD program having a twin cable tuner, which is why I upgraded in the first place to be honest.

Once you start watching the HD channels you get a bit fussy about the SD ones lol

Sat tuner is used for Setanta 3pm kick offs

So yeah, it does what I expected it to do.

As for streaming to other devices, I wouldn't really use that facility so I
don't know if it can and I wouldn't know where to start.

good to hear buddy .

ill be recording in sd as i can get 2 satellite cable lines for the same price as 1 line, as for viewing i it will be in hd

so 1 cable and 2 satellite tuners is what im looking at

good to know that its a good box and picture quality is good.

can someone please explain how the "watch 1 channel on your tv and stream another channel onto a tablet or iphone" feature work please?
do i need 2 lines for this to work ?
let say we have gone out - friends house/ gone to a different city can i watch my tv on my tablet as long as i have got wifi signal ?? or is it only within the same house ?

the spec says the premium twin plus has this feature -

if i cant get hold of the ultra then the twin plus will also be ideal. -
im only thinking ultra model if i did have that i would install kodi onto the box as its got enough memory to run quick and smoothly and also looks good

The app uses one of your tuners for streaming, I've got it working over the same network as the box but not anywhere else yet. Works quite well as you can watch all your channels as well as your recordings too, make recordings etc.

Might be moving soon , not sure whether new place is cabled or sat ,I'd prefer to stick to sat but if it's not installed and cable is then I'm prepared for both

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Bees am just a weirdo mate and if get told something isnt possible will try my hardest to find a solution. Also mate when i had diffrent lines the channel change was abit of time before diffrent server kicked in even though i edited the time it takes to 1second it took a while now its pretty much instant well faster than it was :)

Back