1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me pick please (Android box list)

Discussion in 'Kodi - Android box - Firesticks - MXQ' started by smcmullan88, Apr 6, 2017.

1. smcmullan88

smcmullan88 Member

Hi folks,

Been doing a bit of research on android boxes for IPTV. It seems like this is the best route to go down rather than buying a mag box due to being more configurable and modern, is this correct? I have managed to narrow it down to these 3 but could use some help deciding.

1. Amazon fire tv box - It's only around 70-80 quid and looks to have a decent spec. Not sure how it holds up software side of things is it restrictive?

2. Droidbox iMXQPro V2 - look's decent but no experience with droidbox

3. Q-Box 4K - again never heard of these guys?

Thanks in advance

2. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

Amazon fire tv might be restrictive but it is the most stable option

3. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

You would need to check with your IPTV if they support this

4. danlou

danlou Member

For simplicity and ease of navigation and use i would say , personally, that the mag boxes are better than traditional android boxes and fire sticks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. smcmullan88

smcmullan88 Member

I checked and they do - they support mag aswell though. Danlou what models are decent for the mags? I thought both would be pretty stable if it was a proper subscription you were viewing and not just the free sources

6. smcmullan88

smcmullan88 Member

hey mbath restrictive in what way ? apps not able to be installed?

7. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

You can't install apps from google play in the normal fashion you have to sideload them

8. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

You can't install apps from google play in the normal fashion you have to sideload them

9. systemlord

systemlord TK Veteran

Personally I would stay away from Amazon's hardware. They're in balls deep in the entertainment industry and I fear they'll eventually lock up their devices to stop 3rd party apps, just like Sly have done on the NOW TV boxes.

smcmullan88 likes this.
  10. mickyrad

mickyrad Member

ive heard that this is the best ebox t8 octa core flying machine, google it

11. scolly

scolly Member

android all the way I have been using EX - S905X boxes and I can run an emulator on it that runs it like a mag box . The mag box is great for tv but if you want more out of it I recommend android boxes 2gig ram quad cores