Help needed with channel lists and bouquets

titooo

Hi all,

User type: newbie
Equipment : OS Mini+ with OpenATV preinstalled. I don't have any satellite dish I will use the cable tuner only.
Reception Settings: DVB-C - Configuration mod: enabled - Network id: 41069 - Used service scan type: Provider - Provider to Scan Vermin UK (6952)
Method used to scan channels : Automatic scan

It found 592 channels (radio and test channels included) but there are many things I'm sure I could improve to have a better user experience:

1. The channels found are saved in a bouquet called LastScanned. Is it normal?
  2. Lots of channels are duplicated. For instance, I have ITV couple of times, but only one of them works). What can I do so it only saves those that actually work?
  3. Channels are not sorted properly. I would expect all the Slysports channels or Slymovies channels to be together, but they are all over the place
  4. When I press the red button to see all the channels the list shows undreds of Sat channels. I don't have a sat dish and I deleted the bouquets related to those satellites. Why are those sat channels still there? How can I fix it?

PS: Do I need to have Autobouquet Maker installed considering that I don't have a dish?

Could someone be so kind to help met so Ican get those issues fixed?

Thank you in advance

If you have autobouquetsmakers configured with your net id, just ok on scan and it should sort them for you

Yes you still need ABM. Look at Bees conbo guide on here but just ignore Sat side. Do you know your area net ID? You just manual scanning just now?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. I had a look to bees guide and I think that the problem might be that I have a different version. My box has one called Autobouquets E2 and it doesn't have the options he shows on his post.

Where can I download the version he has? I tried to google it but no luck yet

I can guarantee there is one on OpenATV's plugin feed because I've set up three or four images for various boxes on OpenATV and installed ABM from there. If it isn't in system it'll be extensions, but I'm convinced it's system plugins. This includes a zgemma H.2H and my current combo box. Post a picture of what it is that you've found?

Last edited:
I could not find the Autobouquet Makers options that can be seen on bees guide, so I navigated around the menu and clicked where it said something about Software Update.

After the update the box was stuck with an Edision background and the remote wasn't responding. :whacko:

I reflashed the latest nightly of OpenATV and now the device is stuck on booting at 49% .. I'll ask for help on this thread: http://www.techkings.org/general-ca...-mini-stuck-49-boot-after-update-openvix.html
And I'll come back here once my device boots again (now I just can access to it via FTP)

Last edited:
Ok, finally I have been able to resolve all my issues except this one:

When I press the red button to see all the channels the list shows undreds of Sat channels. I don't have a sat dish and I deleted the bouquets related to those satellites. Why are those sat channels still there? How can I fix it?

Does anyone know how to get rid of the satellites channels on the list that appears when you show the red button?

you can only get sat list of channels when scanning your sat,do they say dvb/s on that list?

i think you might have added a xml file that has a channel list?

you can only get sat list of channels when scanning your sat,do they say dvb/s on that list?

i think you might have added a xml file that has a channel list?

I didn't add anything other than softcam and crossepg extensions.
I just flashed the latest OpenATV nightly build and then I followed bees guide (excluding the satellite part).

Even after the fresh install lot of sat channels were already there (especially Astra from Germany, Spain, UK). I guess OpenATV builds comes with Sat channels preloaded?

I will post an screenshot once I'm at home later to show what I mean

On a clean ATV install there are already loads of bouquets for the German channels already in there. (I suppose their main market is Germany).
You need to delete all these and then scan 28.2E.

You still get loads of foreign bouquets pre-installed with OpenATV. It's easy to delete them all when you first flash.
More difficult afterwards because you don't know what's supposed to be there and what isn't.
I would delete the whole lot and scan fresh.

Hi Guys/Willo

Thanks to Willo's good advice ...i went with Edision Boxes ...went with OS mini + Plus ...Twin tuner ...Good item.

Setup all done Thanks to Bees guide...
Boquets I downloaded Sly and edited list using Dreambox Edit ....this is a dream ;) (pardon the pun) for channel Edit ...get in order and just FTP over ..
One problem, Boquets keep reverting back to the Sly download ...than i again FTP over my setup and reverts back in day or so ...

Any ideas how to sort this ...driving me Crrrrrazzzzy! ...
Thanks in advance..

You still get loads of foreign bouquets pre-installed with OpenATV. It's easy to delete them all when you first flash.
More difficult afterwards because you don't know what's supposed to be there and what isn't.
I would delete the whole lot and scan fresh.
Fixed! In the channel list I clicked the green button to see the reception list. Once there i clicked the menu button to remove the "Satellite - Services".

Now I finally have only the cable channels

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Hi Guys/Willo

Thanks to Willo's good advice ...i went with Edision Boxes ...went with OS mini + Plus ...Twin tuner ...Good item.

Setup all done Thanks to Bees guide...
Boquets I downloaded Sly and edited list using Dreambox Edit ....this is a dream ;) (pardon the pun) for channel Edit ...get in order and just FTP over ..
One problem, Boquets keep reverting back to the Sly download ...than i again FTP over my setup and reverts back in day or so ...

Any ideas how to sort this ...driving me Crrrrrazzzzy! ...
Thanks in advance..
Check my post above to delete the satellite channels forever :)

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

flash with vix as no channels as standard lol.

does sound interesting multisat with atv image might try on my motorised setup?

Back