HELP - No Signal What So Ever!!!

I have just re-ended the one that plugs into the box so far (bit late to be going up the ladders) still no joy. Done it twice. Beginning to lose hope!!

So far, re-aligned dish... freesat works fine!
Tried new cable, no joy.
Re-end cable, no joy!!!

Thanks for all your help though guys! Probably just give in with it soon!

---------- Post Merged at 10:23 PM ----------

This has started popping up if it means anything?IMG_0430.jpg

a quick google that is coming in from the timeshift component. (pause, record, rewind) I think mtpockets image is already set up to record your timeshift to your usb or hdd. If you haven't got another freshly formatted usb in the back and no channels it's gonna fail. hence the message.

Do you know anyone else that has got a zgemma or similar sat box. You could try their box on yours, and your box on theirs.

I feel your pain. :)

Yeah, my brother has the exact same box.

I will get his over to mine to try it as well as try mine at his and post some feedback!

Thanks.

@domhan are you getting FTA channels working on your zGemma, if not then I'm having the same problem with my zGemma box. My SKY+HD box works fine but my zGemma doesn't pick anything up.

I think that my dish is pointing to the "Astra 2A" satellite which works with the SKY+HD box but the zGemma 2S is only compatible with the Astra 2E/2F/2G and therefore need adjusting only slightly as the longitude for the Astra 2A is 27.96 where as for the Astra 2E the longitude is 28.54.

Need to get someone to adjust it properly to the Astra 2E and then ill report back.

@domhan are you getting FTA channels working on your zGemma, if not then I'm having the same problem with my zGemma box. My SKY+HD box works fine but my zGemma doesn't pick anything up.

I think that my dish is pointing to the "Astra 2A" satellite which works with the SKY+HD box but the zGemma 2S is only compatible with the Astra 2E/2F/2G and therefore need adjusting only slightly as the longitude for the Astra 2A is 27.96 where as for the Astra 2E the longitude is 28.54.

Need to get someone to adjust it properly to the Astra 2E and then ill report back.

Thanks, let me know how this goes. Would be interesting to see as I hadn't even moved the satellite before the channels and gone!!

So come home today, I have re-ended both sides of the cable now and I get 99 channels. Massive improvement, I have someone bringing a box over later to try theirs on the satellite. If it works, this could mean my box is faulty?

Thanks.

Another Update:

So now I get 222 channels, I do a manual scan and it takes a good 10 minutes to get to 51% which finds the 222 channels. Then as soon as 52% it just takes about 40 seconds to get to 100%.

Thanks.

So finally, my new LNB came. Replaced it... still only finding 206 channels and every now and then it can cut out for 10 mins upto hours.

Any ideas?

Hi domhan!
just a thought here, but it sounds like you have interferance from something near to your box!!
you said it worked fine till you moved your box to another part of the room!
i have found that theses type of boxes do suffer from nearby electical interferance ( when i turned on a nearby faulty light/lamp my box would stop responding to remote, even turning on the tv the box was attatched to would stop the remote from functioning for about 5mins)
move your box back to where it was and try again

Thanks for you response and advice but no nothing helped. I tried it in 2 different rooms too.

Think I am going to have to give up with it. What other box could I buy instead of Zgemma?

Thanks for you response and advice but no nothing helped. I tried it in 2 different rooms too.

Think I am going to have to give up with it. What other box could I buy instead of Zgemma?

Have you tried flashing again with a new backup image from techkings?

Have you tried flashing again with a new backup image from techkings?

Yeah, I used this:

New Vix 3.2.00* ZgemmaSter 2s, s, H1, H2 sucmnsee - Downloads - TechKings

You said you already tried another box and got tune failed so I'm not convinced buying a different box will help. When you flashed a new image did you get over 800 channels in all channels bouquet even if you were not actually receiving them?

Have you tried the box on some else's dish? To rule out if it's your box or dish setup.

I had a similar problem. Turned out I had to raise the dish angle up a notch and it sorted itself.

i know i am repeating myself "sorry" but have you tried a diffrent working power supply??
it could be something on the power supply interupting your signal to the box!

You said you already tried another box and got tune failed so I'm not convinced buying a different box will help. When you flashed a new image did you get over 800 channels in all channels bouquet even if you were not actually receiving them?

Nope, haven't ever received over 222 channels since I moved the box mate?

Have you tried the box on some else's dish? To rule out if it's your box or dish setup.

I had a similar problem. Turned out I had to raise the dish angle up a notch and it sorted itself.

I haven't tried it on someone elses dish but I was getting the full channels till I moved my box, we do have Freesat running from this satellite and is working perfect....

i know i am repeating myself "sorry" but have you tried a diffrent working power supply??
it could be something on the power supply interupting your signal to the box!

Just tried this mate, no joy. Found zero channels with a different power supply!

Thanks.

ok then your gonna need to check yor box on your brothers dish!! this will rule out DISH and LNB compatabilty
let us know please, this is one motherf***r ,scooby doo mystery!!!!!!

also isnt that new flash you put on your box for 2 tuner models!! you have to make sure you select 1 tuner only! this is also probably why your friends box gave you "TUNER FAILED" as he might have twin tuner setup but you only got 1 LNB connected?

Last edited:
ok then your gonna need to check yor box on your brothers dish!! this will rule out DISH and LNB compatabilty
let us know please, this is one motherf***r ,scooby doo mystery!!!!!!

also isnt that new flash you put on your box for 2 tuner models!! you have to make sure you select 1 tuner only! this is also probably why your friends box gave you "TUNER FAILED" as he might have twin tuner setup but you only got 1 LNB connected?

Yeah when I do the tuner config it only gives me option of one tuner anyways? So there is no 2nd tuner option to even not configure if you understand?

hi domhan
did you try your box at your brothers house?? did you try your brothers box at your house? what was the results? have you tried pluging your box "inplace" of your freesat box using the freesat box cable?
the reason i mentioned the 2nd tuner was because you said earlier that a diffrent box gave you "TUNER FAILED" which is a classic (only1 LNB used to a 2 LNB box)
let us know please
thanks

Back