help recording

pigeon87

As some of you may know im new to this box. Ive got the box all set up to view all sly channels and the skin sorted ans everything how i want it for now. The next thing is recording!

Ive just practiced recording something and its worked, and it recorded 100minutes before an error of "........disk full?"

My main question is, how do i find out where im recording the programs to, because the box has memory doesnt it? And also ive an 8gb usb pen in the back but ive attached my 500gb seagate hd in the front? I want to be able to add my recorded programs to the seagate. Any help would be much appreciated!

Box has tiny internal memory. Dont record to it.
What image are u using on box?
Use 1 drive or other for setting up. So if using 500gb remove 8gb.

Using openvix from your backup sucmnsee. I thought the usb in the back had to stay in at all times? For timeshare or something? I think my recording has went onto the usb and not the HD. When i go to select where to record though there are only 4 options and the seagate HD doesnt appear? Should it?

Needs set up.
Turn off box
Remove both
Format 500 on PC
Insert in rear
Boot
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Initialise
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swap manager
Blue to create 256mb
Reboot

Check
Menu
Setup
Crossepg
Check set to ur drive

Menu
Setup
System
Epg. Check set to ur drive

Menu
Setup
System
Rec and ts settings. Check set ur drive.

Once again you never fail sucmnsee, ill give that a go when im home and let you know, much appreciated for the steps for us NOOBS

Then DL ur epg again and reboot by holding power button on remote and Restart

---------- Post Merged at 05:36 PM ----------

Lol no probs dude. Never reboot with second usb in as it can reset paths to it by accident

So does that mean ill just leave my external seagate HDD in the back of the box all the time and wont need my usb memory pen thing?

---------- Post Merged at 06:19 PM ----------

When i go to check the recording and playback settings and click on either "timer" or "instant" recording and go to select location there are only 2 options....."backup+SL" and "internal flash" is the first one my HDD or have i messed up somewhere?

Yes just use your external Hdd for both it should be set for Media/Hdd just make sure you follow Sucmnsee post and your Hdd is mounted To find your recordings press File list on remote

ive just got my dad a box and bought one set up, just when im trying to set up the hardrive I cant find one part of the steps you provided sucmnsee? the part im struggling with is as follows:

Check
Menu
Setup
Crossepg
Check set to ur drive

I cant see to find crossepg when I click on setup?

Back