HELP! What image should i use?

swash18

Hi guys, I am completely new to the world of Vu+ and have recently acquired a Vu+ solo box from my old man.

What is the best image to use? And how do I get the Sky UK channels please?

For anyone that can help I thank you in advance I am having a nightmare.

first of all need to know if box is a clone or original and where bought,check box menu information and say what it says on it.

Hi there cactikid, apologies for the delay I have been in the process of moving house. It is an original box and one my dad used a year back it currently has on old vix image on and none of the Sky Channels are working on it.
If you could help me through what I need to do that would be a great help if possible?

seems your server acess was close try get acess line from some server and check it.
if some channels not comming then better remove old channels and again Auto rescan box there is no need for image changeif it was working fine earlier then cccam or mgcam was alredy installed in it.

How would I does this satabr? I am so sorry I have no idea what I am doing?

The menu information reads as follows:
Hardware Vu+ Solo
Kernel: 2.6.18
Image: Release
Version: 2.3
Build: GM
Last update 2011-11-18 17.24

Translation:
Andy Blackburn

---------- Post Merged at 07:48 PM ----------

The Device Information reads as:

Detected NIMs
Tuner A : BCM7325 DVB-S2 NIM

Detected Devices:
None

Network Servers:

Is there a possibility that the satellite port isn't actually working? If so how can I check this?

I would put the current vix image on any enigma 2 box, if you follow wheelos excellent tut in

Vu+ DUO2 Support
Enigma2 Box With VIX Setup
once you have that image on at least you will know everything working then c/line required

wrong lol,solo had a new bootloader in 2013 that would need to be flashed first then the latest image,both can be got from the home of vix wos,and sorry to say a colourful step by step guide tut
to download to pc,new images have cams that can be downloaded from plugins now and all you need to do is enter line info.
ps hope you have a good formatted usb as they are fussy.

So what is my next step now then. What do I need to do? I have a USB that I am going to put into FAT 32 mode but that's the next stage?
I have no idea what I am doing. Sorry guys.

Hi guys!!

A quick update I searched for the channels again it got to 100% and had found all the Sky Channels etc but then I received this message ( see photo below )
Solo.jpg

The menu information reads as follows:
Hardware Vu+ Solo
Kernel: 2.6.18
Image: Release
Version: 2.3
Build: GM
Last update 2011-11-18 17.24

Translation:
Andy Blackburn

The Device Information reads as:

Detected NIMs
Tuner A : BCM7325 DVB-S2 NIM

Detected Devices:
None

Network Servers:

I have no idea what I need to do. The sky channels that are currently on the Vu+ solo do not work they just have a blank screen
Can anybody advise me what I need to do to rectify this please?

Shall I maybe try and add this image? REMOVED, PLEASE UPLOAD IMAGE TO OUR DOWNLOAD AREA AND SHARE HERE. THANKS ADMIN.

has cactikid says world of sat google. New bootloader reqd before current vix image which is appollo 29, then follow whellos tut on here as stasted on my last post

Vu+ DUO2 Support
Enigma2 Box With VIX Setup

I don't suppose you could send me in the right direction for the bootloader could you please? As in a link?

---------- Post Merged at 03:24 PM ----------

Ok guys!! I have updated the bootloader and flashed the Vu+ solo box with Vix Apollo 29. Followed all the insturctions.
However after restarting the box I have a solid green light on the box now but just a black screen... Will I need a scart lead to do the set up? as it is only plugged in through a HDMI port

So the image I have flashed my Vu+ solo with now was the Apollo 29 openvix as in the link above what files do I need to copy on to my FAT32 usb?
There are only :
image version
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
reboot.update
root_cfe_auto.jffs2
splash_cfe_auto.bin

where is the boot file all the tutorials say I need? or do I need a different image to install?

Last edited:
if you have put latest boot loader on and flashed with appollo29 the box should have rebooted with vix image. Were did you get the boot loader & image file from are you sure you have followed the tutorial

---------- Post Merged at 05:51 PM ----------

I'm sure read somewhere solid green light on solo could be a clone, someone else could confirm, I wouidn't do anything until this question is confirmed, if not follow these links

Choose the Vu+ Solo bootloader from here and flash.. Bootloader will only take 2-3 seconds.. and then you will get the flashing light on the front to say that its finished.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Vu%2BSolo/

power down your solo.. and put this image on your usb stick..

Choose the latest image from here and flash

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/

Hi bigcheese! Yes mate I have followed all of those steps my friend but I have a just a blank screen once I re-power the box? The green light is solid green when it is on just no picture!! With scart or HDMI!!

---------- Post Merged at 06:56 PM ----------

There is only one JFFS2 file in the Viximage download... shouldn't there be two?

The only files in the folder are as follows:

image version
kernel_cfe_auto.bin
reboot.update
root_cfe_auto.jffs2
splash_cfe_auto.bin

Which ones do I put on my USB in vuplus/solo? Shouldn't there be a boot JFSS2 file too? This is the image file I have used http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu+Solo/

I don't know if this means anything but wen I press the restart button or on/off button on the controller the green light flickers but stays on.

Last edited:
the link you have listed is the vix build, you need the latest bootloader on first, I don't have the vu box but have an enigma box they all flash very much the same, but until you load latest bootloader for your box
I don't think anything will show. has stated in my previous post im not sure about solid green light, sure ive read about being a clone and I cant help, one of the other members should be able to answer that one

my usb flashes so i know something happens and when done box reboots.
most important thing you missed is their guide to set boxes up its a must to have.

OpenViX Downloads

and that manual pdf for pc.

no i did say use bootloader first but who listens,have to do my solo also lol

ok downloaded rar file to pc and opened to save on usb

forgot to mention presume its an original and not a clone,any stickers under box stating v1 v2 etc?

just finished setting up original solo on apollo30 lol,dam epg acting up lol

Last edited:
I did upload a bootlader I am not sure if it was the latest one though VuPlus here is the one I used. I sent it to my usb in vuplus/solo folder. Plugged it in turned on box waited for the green light to flash. I assume that this is the bootloader done. The next stage I deleted the CFE file from my USB I have download the latest image Apollo 30 from here OpenViX Downloads and saved these files to the USB: image version, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, reboot.update, root_cfe_auto.jffs2 and splash_cfe_auto.bin. Again I plug in the USB to the box power it back up and watch the box lights change from orange to red and eventually I get a green blinking light again. I then unplug the USB and hit restart (I have tried powering it down and back up again) This is where the box should boot up into the enigma set up right? But all I am getting at this stage is a black screen. The TV is recognised the box as it pops up with 720p output.

Any suggestions on what else I can try to rectify this problem? Maybe a direct link to the correct bootloader?

The Vu+ solo does have a sticker on the bottom it says Vu+ Solo BN: 02110001 SN: MA002402426

Back