MINI Help with Edison OS Mini setup please.

Spidey76

Hi there,
Totally new to this linux box setup which is why I ended up here thankfully :)
I have just received an edison os mini twin sat receiver wit openatv 5.1 installed.
I have it tuned in to receive fta channels but would like to do alot more I am trying to flash it for enigma2 as there are no softcam options on it at the moment.
are there any good guides available to follow? for total newbies...

I am waiting on delivery of an Edison Mini, from the above post does this mean it wont come with softcams installed.... if so can they be d/l as plugins via the box same as Zgemma's?
Not a big deal as flashing isnt a problem for me just wondered IF it came as a base build set to FTA only hence no cams

Yes, just download softcams from plugins via the box with VIX image, one of the first things I did when I got my box yesterday from WOS

Yep, enigma 2, nice box by the way, I set it up yesterday and all good, although I had one surprise, when I went to enable "swap file" it wouldn't install to my fat32 usb stick, (error: can't install to fat32) so I had to initialise it first, which was a pain as I had just saved my EPG to the stick.

Coming from an old VU-DUO this box is excellent, faster to boot, smoother scrolling through menus etc.

Really nice box for the price

Back