Help with introduction to cable tv and boxes

kevr84

Hi all

Just registered after stumbling on this site, looking for information on what route to pursue for my tv viewing.

We did have the full VM package which was getting far too expensive, so we cancelled and just have the broadband and phoneline.

We have a satellite dish and an HD sky box which we use to watch the free channels.

I also bought an android box, but cannot get on with it, cant find any reliable streams and most of the pictures are poor.

Also obviously have the cable from the VM tv doing nothing.

So, getting to the point..! Im looking for something to replace these with. I have had browse of the forum but don't quite understand what I would need.

I don't really want to spend more than £100 on a box.

I have read something about being able to use the VM cable and also the satellite signal.

Could someone please explain everything that I would need? And in simple terms! :) Although Im not that simple, I am new to all of this and its associated terminology.

thanks in advance.

Kev

and with you android box you can stream your sat with kodi live tv in another room with zgemma a lot of options mate

Thanks all.

Ok, so say for example I buy a zgemma box. What do i then need to do to get all the tv channels? HD Sport in particular.

cheers

You need a few things in place to complete this setup:-

Box of your choice (example H2H)
a splitter to allow you to connect your cable feed to both the box & router
an adapter to connect the cable feed to the back of the box
a USB or external hard drive to use for recordings etc
a virmin line/gift to view subscription channels from cable feed
a sly line/gift to view subscription channels from sly

(also good to have a small USB pen drive (2gb - 4gb) to be used to flash an image to the box)

Last edited:
You need a few things in place to complete this setup:-

Box of your choice (example H2H)
a splitter to allow you to connect your cable feed to both the box & router - THINK I HAVE THIS.. I HAVE ACTIVE VM BROADBAND AND ALREADY HAVE TO LINES, ONE TO THE ROUTHER AND ONE WHICH WENT INTO VM BOX
an adapter to connect the cable feed to the back of the box
a USB or external hard drive to use for recordings etc - GOT ONE OF THESE (y)
a virmin line/gift to view subscription channels from cable feed - HOW DO I GET THIS?
a sly line/gift to view subscription channels from sly - IS IT ACTUALLY WORTH HAVING THIS ASWELL AS CABLE?

(also good to have a small USB pen drive (2gb - 4gb) to be used to flash an image to the box)

Also, what does it mean to flash an image to the box?

thanks

In order to install the software you need to download an image & place it on a USB pen drive then use this drive to perform the install of software to the box, this is known as a "flash"

Back