Help with scrambled

james12

i am new to this i got a openbox v 5 s with a 12month gift when i put a sky sports channel on it comes up scrambled i can get freesat channels ok does this mean the gift is no good or is there some way to tune it in if not where do i buy a gift that works. thanks in advance bob

start wih the basics,do u have a Ethernet cable attached to ur router or a wifi dongle in ur openbox, if the answer is yes u need to see if ur ccam line is active.
1.hit menu button on openbox
2.use side arrow on remote and scroll to network local setting,
3. then scroll down to Camds Setup
4.press ok button
5. In set up the 1st box highlighted should say Cccam Client Setup
6.press ok
7.scroll to Manage Config Files
8.press ok
9.dropdown menu appears.
10. press ok on 1 CCcam.cfg

U should now see a line that says something like
1 C: Server sw3rt 176890 Online
there should be a green tick on the line.

if no green tick press ok and it should put tick on then all you do is exit,it may ask u to save,just press ok
If the line says offline then it means server is not active which prob means they have shut down and ur gift is dead
u will need to buy a new line from somewhere (there is a thread on tk if you need a server.

---------- Post Merged at 12:30 PM ----------

I must stress do not do anything else,dont hit and of colour buttons on remote as u could alter ur c line or delete it completely.it may just be a temp prob with server.

i am new to this i got a openbox v 5 s with a 12month gift when i put a sky sports channel on it comes up scrambled i can get freesat channels ok does this mean the gift is no good or is there some way to tune it in if not where do i buy a gift that works. thanks in advance bob

Is it only $ly sports channels that are scrambled, or are all $ channels scrambled?

Back