How difficult are these boxes to use?

Wilkiedan

I'm looking towards getting one of these VU+ boxes in the very near future, the only thing putting me off is that I've never used a Linux box before and am a bit worried that it might end up as an expensive fta box! I'm currently using a technomate 6900hd so loading softcams etc is a piece of cake.

Reading about images, ccam etc is a wee bit daunting. I've rooted one or two mobiles before, is an image essentially what's called a rom in the mobile world? I didn't find that too hard tbh, plenty of online guides meant it was pretty self explanatory, and there seems to be a lot of guidance on forums for these boxes so I would hope this would be no more difficult!

The two boxes I'm looking at are the solo2 and duo2. Apart from price, are the only differences the extra tuner and LCD display on the duo2? And is the support for both boxes essentially the same?

Thanks in advance

Kev.

Hi,

I've been looking at the VU boxes but haven't bought yet.

The two you mention are both twin tuner boxes (record one program while watching another)
an "image" is just another word for firmware in the world of linux.

as these are linux "open source" boxes you can use various images
on your box such as Vix, Blackhole etc.

CCcam is what makes everything on the box work properly if you catch my drift lol

they can be a bit daunting at first with so many programs that can be used for different things,one program i use is filezilla to ftp a program/file to box,but when running it is well worth it.

mg runs better than cccam

Thanks for the replies ;) so the 2 boxes are essentially the same apart from the extra tuner, LCD display and price, and both have the same level of support?

There is no extra tuner.

VU+Solo is a single tuner

VU+Solo2 and the Duo are twin tuner

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Would it be possible to use my bt sports sub with this box, via my s** card (I don't have a s** subscription, just the bt free with the broadband).

If you get a Cccam or nccam or mgcamd then bt sports will more than likely be on that server so no real need for the card

they are very simple to set up i have one. most of the stuff you need you just download stright to your box. your c-line or n-line you have to just ftp to your box. i use the blackhole image which in my opinion is the best. the best thing is once you have set them up all you have to do is a service scan now and again and thats it.

Back