How do I add an image of picon to channel name?

bmitie

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Doing another H7S and have openvix 6.3 running, For SAORVIEW there are a few plus 1 channels but no image picon so when you open epg there is a blank next to channel name. For example RTE2 has a nice pic and so does rte1 etc but how do I add that same image/picon to RTE2+1 and RTE News. Or for that matter any other channel that may have picon missing. It will look nicer when epg is open and I wont get questions!!

Last edited:
They should be in png format and match the channel name in lower case with no spaces.
Attached are talktv.png, talktvhd.png, gbnews.png and gbnewshd.png - You can just drag and drop these into your picon folder.
gbnews.pnggbnewshd.png
talktv.png talktvhd.png

Plus 1 channels are in this format

2023-04-23_132243.jpg

Last edited:
I got another box to do uno4kse so put on openatv 7.2 and then downloaded the picons but they look weird!! Are these the latest? BBC NEWS in Red , itv as pic

I have pics like tower bridge:laughing:
IMG_2842.PNG

It is not advisable to use picons on a mechanical storage device unless you have timeshift constantly on. The HDD goes to sleep and has to wake up for the picon to be displayed.

USB flash drives and SSD drives are not mechanical devices. @Willo3092 has an SSD drive from what i remember.

Yes, sorry I use a SSD. Might be worth adding a small usb drive just for EPG and picons.
EPG is held in RAM, it is not accessed constantly from the storage device. It is only written to the storage device on graceful shutdown or restart. And read at startup. There is no need for flash storage.

For the picons, if you are installing from the plugin server, you will only be offered the storage devices in ext file system.

Also, for people not on a recent ATV 7.2 and using the ocram picons on the another image's picon server, ATV are now scarping the ocram picons @legobatman builds. he has goiven permission for other teams to do this too. They are built whenever there is a change as opposed to the unknown frequency subject to system resources that a certain image team has. The feeds can be added by following:
Code:
wget -O - -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/oe-alliance/picons-feed/main/install.sh | bash
Be advised, there will be an available update showing without any details whenever a picon update is available

Last edited:
The easiest way to add a missing picon is google image search the logo, save it which will usually save as a jpg, then use paint program on pc to convert it to a png, name it then add it to your picons.

Back