How do i connect sat dish cable to golden interstar xpeed box

StevoAmigo1

Hi there just after some help i have just purchased one of the above boxes offline and trying to connect it to my sat dish to receive satelite, the instructions manual is fairly vague and doesn't explain much, i've attached some pictures for you guys to see

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427800327.763848.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427800354.138681.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427800501.616423.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427800581.532628.jpg

As you can see in the last picture there are two f connectors on one cable coming from the dish, how would i connect both to the box when there is only one screw on connector port located on the box? Would i need to buy some different adapters?

Cheers steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi bud,

Your looking at the instructions for a Xpeed LX2 but your boix isn't the LX2 as it should have twin sky turner (2x LNB ports) but looking at your picture you've got 1xLNB post and a TV tuner port.

The back of an LX2 with twin sat tuner looks like this:
12796.jpg

Thats why the instructions are showing 2 sat dish's as it doesn't matter with cable goes into a LNB port. Did you order the box at £109 or £129? the one at £109 is the box with twin sat tuner (2x DVB-S/S2) and the one £129 is the one with 1x DVB-S/S2 1x Hybrid DVB- C/T/T2

If you wanted the 2x DVB-S/S2 turner you will need to send it back and get the correct box at £20 cheaper :)

Last edited:
Hi bud,

Your looking at the instructions for a Xpeed LX2 but your boix isn't the LX2 as it should have twin sky turner (2x LNB ports) but looking at your picture you've got 1xLNB post and a TV tuner port.

View attachment 12889

Thats why the instructions are showing 2 sat dish's as it doesn't matter with cable goes into a LNB port. Did you order the box at £109 or £129? the one at £109 is the box with twin sat tuner (2x DVB-S/S2) and the one £129 is the one with 1x DVB-S/S2 1x Hybrid DVB- C/T/T2

If you wanted the 2x DVB-S/S2 turner you will need to send it back and get the correct box at £20 cheaper :)

Yes mate i ordered the £129 one as thought it would be a better box, and i was told i could run both satellite and cable though it, with the dvb-s and dvb-c for cable, just incase i decide to go for cable in the future, i did order these earlier thinking they would do the job for what i need http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=260648981075
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=250681063615

But the guy above said i would be ok just plugging the one f-connector into the box

Cheers

Yes bud, plugging just 1 cable in will indeed give you the sky channels, I though you were after a twin satellite box and so asked which box you purchased. But if your after the sky/cable TV combo then cool.

I just wanted to make sure bud, helping when I can :)

Yes bud, plugging just 1 cable in will indeed give you the sky channels, I though you were after a twin satellite box and so asked which box you purchased. But if your after the sky/cable TV combo then cool.

I just wanted to make sure bud, helping when I can :)

Cheers mate i appreciate it, the more help the better, so whats the difference anyhow with the twin satellite boxes?

Cheers fella

The differance is the £109 box runs 2 satellite tuners so you can watch 1 channel while recording another (just like sky), thats why its got a twin S/S2 tuner. As most poeple want that feature thats why I asked which box you got :)

The differance is the £109 box runs 2 satellite tuners so you can watch 1 channel while recording another (just like sky), thats why its got a twin S/S2 tuner. As most poeple want that feature thats why I asked which box you got :)

Oh right i see, so if i got a dvb-c cable tuner where the ports that look like tv arial connectors how would i join them to my fibre optic virmin cable that as only one f-connector?

Cheers again

With one of these

f adaptor.jpg

If you add a virgin sub to a sat sub (run two lines) you will now have a twin tuner, record on one tuner and watch another, with the added bonus of glorious HD on cable :woohoo:

With one of these

View attachment 12898

If you add a virgin sub to a sat sub (run two lines) you will now have a twin tuner, record on one tuner and watch another, with the added bonus of glorious HD on cable :woohoo:[/

Ok cheers bees for your support :) i have actually brought one of these connectors earlier off ebay :), and its all coming to light now how the box works, i did follow your guide upto the point where i had abit of trouble, i got to where you insert the pen drive into the box to save the epg on, i did put my 2gb usb memory stick into it, not sure if theres enough memory or not? Then when i went to configure where the epg location is saved to and change it from (internal flash to media/hdd) there was no option and wouldn't let me select media/hdd, so i carried onto the next steps upto the autobouquetsmaker part, where you said to scan for the channels! I did this but i got a (timeout for tuner lock error), would this be because i needed the fibre virmin cable connected to the box aswell to finish the scan? I was able to do an automatic scan of the channels and it found all of them but there was not picture, i presume its because i need a nline server setting up in your next steps?

Cheers mate

2gb isn't enough really, it wont be big enough to store recordings. Try a large drive, also you do need to install the usb drive and then mount it in VIX then you can use it as a HDD to store your epg etc

2gb isn't enough really, it wont be big enough to store recordings. Try a large drive, also you do need to install the usb drive and then mount it in VIX then you can use it as a HDD to store your epg etc

Ok mate how do i mount the drive in vix? And yeah I will order me a 32gb kingston soon [emoji106]

Ok mate how do i mount the drive in vix? And yeah I will order me a 32gb kingston soon [emoji106]

Menu -- Setup -- System -- Storage Devices -- Initialistion once thats done then do this Menu -- Setup -- VIX -- Mount Manager then moun the drive and your done :)

I bought this USB 3.0 32GB Transcend Drive from eBay for £10.49 (I know this drive works with the box)
Transcend 32GB JetFlash 790 USB 3.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Pen Thumb 90MB/s | eBay

Menu -- Setup -- System -- Storage Devices -- Initialistion once thats done then do this Menu -- Setup -- VIX -- Mount Manager then moun the drive and your done :)

I bought this USB 3.0 32GB Transcend Drive from eBay for £10.49 (I know this drive works with the box)
Transcend 32GB JetFlash 790 USB 3.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Pen Thumb 90MB/s | eBay

Cheers mate i sorted it all now thanks, im just using the trial nline off your supplier :), it was glitching abit last night but i think it may be my dodgy f-connectors being abit loose :)

Cheers

Hi bud,
If you wanted the 2x DVB-S/S2 turner you will need to send it back and get the correct box at £20 cheaper

Where is the second LMB connection in this photo please

The Photo is in post 5

Back