How Do I Copy My Contacts from Nokia 6303 Classic to PC?

Evastar

TK Veteran
Hi i have dropped and damaged my phone, there are about 800 contact numbers and the sim card only holds 250. The phone has to be sent away to be fixed, and i know they will wipe the numbers, so how do i save them to the pc to reinstall them on the phone later?

You have to use Nokia PC Suite to save your contacts to pc. Or you could select it to be mass storage when you connect via usb to pc and go the drive it is and the contacts folder and copy the contacts folder over to pc and just reverse the process to put back on. You need to have done this before you sent it away though unfortunately.

Sorry eva I either read that wrong or you've edited! lol As in that you've sent it in or your going to send it to them! lol
If you still have the phone just as I said. (y)

Last edited:
Is it possible to restore the backup from an old (lost) phone to a new phone?
Yes, if you used Content Copier version 3 or newer. Content Copier version 3 creates two files while making a backup. It creates a backup file (phone model+date.nfb), which can be used when restoring phone contents to the same phone or to a phone of the same model. It also creates a contents transfer file (phone model+date.nfc), which can be used when transferring the phone's contents to another supported phone model. These files are saved to the following folder on your PC: %SystemDrive%\Documents and settings\%UserName%\Applications Data\Nokia\ContentCopier.

Content Copier automatically detects the correct file type for restoring or transferring the phone contents.

If you have backed up your phone with an older version of Nokia Content Copier, check if your new phone is supported with the older version of Nokia Content Copier.
- If yes, use the older version of Nokia Content Copier to restore the contents to the new phone.
- Otherwise you need to use a temporary phone for transferring the contents to the new phone.

The older version of Nokia Content Copier is available at: Nokia Europe - Nokia PC Suite - Download software - Get support and software > Download PC Suite > Yes, Help me out > Continue > Nokia 7200 > Continue > MS Windows 98SE or ME > Continue > (select the connection used) > Continue > (select the language) > Download.

If you still have your old phone, install the latest version of Nokia PC Suite, and back up your old phone with Content Copier (click Backup) and then restore the phone contents to your new phone.

Tip: You can use Nokia PC Sync and Nokia Phone Browser to transfer some of your phone's contents from an old supported phone to a new one.

sorry eva i cant find the rest of that ill keep looking

http://europe.nokia.com/get-support-and-software/faq

Last edited:
I have the phone here, but when i use pc suite to back up contacts, it keeps saying there aren't any on the phone?

It's worked on my other phone no bother, but isn't working on this one :(

Must have damaged it when it got dropped?

Thanks anyway.

Are you sure when you select to copy contacts from the phone in PC Suite you are selecting the phone memory and not the sim card memory??
Also have you tried like I said and when you plug in your phone to pc select Mass Storage on the phone then in Windows Explorer go to the drive it has created and copy the contacts folder to your desktop?

Ok what happened here was the phone was damaged, and wouldnt copy the contacts to the pc or the sim card, so unfortunately they all had to be bluetoothed over one by one :(

Have backed them up on the pc now though from the other phone lol

very tedious procedure eva, but at least they are done now, dont know how you managed it though. Good for you.

Back